Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Is a Honda motorcycle dealer supposed to sell knock off bikes?

Old 12-03-2010, 12:29 PM
Ez8
CHEERS FOR BIG REARS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ez8 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Is a Honda motorcycle dealer supposed to sell knock off bikes?

Originally Posted by Zack
Wow. Cant believe Honda is kosher with letting one of their dealerships, sell copies of their bike that some chinese place ripped off, and is now selling more then honda because of super cheap parts and crap quality. Under the same roof as a honda product at that, so the buyer can only assume its some type of quality or the honda dealer wouldn't sell it. Doesn't make sense to me.
well the thing about it is, that Honda doesn't own the dealership, so it's kinda hard for them to tell them to what they can sell. Look at cycle world, they're a "authorized" Honda dealership and they sell every other brand as well...
Old 12-03-2010, 09:29 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Aren't pretty much all motorcycle dealerships franchises? I can go into my local Honda bike dealer and buy Fox clothing or a few different brands of helmets, none of which are made by Honda...
Old 12-04-2010, 04:15 AM
E for Engourged.

4BangerCivic has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Ez8
I work at Honda of Norfolk
Just wanted to quickly interject a "thank you" to your workplace, who has been very very helpful in getting me the parts I need for teh rebuild i'm doing in that other thread in CycCorner.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:16 AM
Va Beach Coast Rider

CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4

Honda of Va Beach has always sucked ass.........Honda of Norfolk is the place to go for sales, and especially service; though you may be waiting a while as they are always super busy.

There's actually nothing 'wrong' with them selling a knock off, they never claimed it was a Honda. And it's being sold for about 300? less than a Honda 50............
Old 12-04-2010, 09:30 AM
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican

Shoot. I wouldn't buy a knock off for that price. Those hyosung things take shits all the time, which is why I bought a kawasaki instead. Smart people will buy the hondas instead, dumb fucks who are going to be stunting them down ocean blvd will not. ... I say let the dumb fucks fail. Sketchy place is sketchy though.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:13 AM
2004 Danceoff Champ

Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy

First off, this is Honda of VB so it's going to be shady no matter what is going on. Second, what they are probably doing is bait and switch. They probably have 2 or 3 of these and then a bunch of 50s and will show you the knock offs and then say they don't compare to the actual Honda.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:42 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Zack
Wow. Cant believe Honda is kosher with letting one of their dealerships, sell copies of their bike that some chinese place ripped off, and is now selling more then honda because of super cheap parts and crap quality. Under the same roof as a honda product at that, so the buyer can only assume its some type of quality or the honda dealer wouldn't sell it. Doesn't make sense to me.
how do you think the china knock off companies have rights to build knock-offs? HONDA SOLD THE RIGHTS TO THIER DESIGNS, they can't be but SO mad about it.

The fact is, the motorcycle industry, on a whole, is in the friggin toilet. They're just trying to keep the doors open, as most other shops, dealers or not, are. (that's from personal experience, having been in the industry, professionally, for a looooong time now). Do I agree with it? Nope, not one bit. BUT I used to work at HOVB once upon a time, and dealer or not, it's still a ma-and-pa shop. yeah, I know the masses have a bad taste in thier mouths about that particular shop, but you can't fault people for trying to keep the doors open when times are what they are these days.

that being said....I'm glad I don't have to work on that knock-off garbage!