Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

had my first experience

Old 07-24-2004, 07:18 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT
Default had my first experience

i come in to work today and my co worker just purchased a new gsx r 600, and we were talking about it, he was telling me a couple things about it and what not, how easy it is to get your permit and liscence and shit down here in n.c, and then he asks if i want to drive it, so i responded,'' fuck yes"....considering the only bikes ive ever ridden have been dirt bikes i was a tad nervous, but i knew how everything worked, i wasnt new to shifting gears on a bike so i took it out on rt 34 which is right in front of the station so if i crash, they can get there real quick with the ambulance and engine, ahha, but anyhow, i took off in 1st and 2nd and i almost shat myself, i didnt even rev past 8k and the bike had so much torque it was frightening, i know its a small bike and you other crazy fuckers who ride the 1000, 1200 cc bikes are nuts, i came back and was pretty excited about it, he told me how much he pays a month for the bike and insurance and its pretty damn good, ive always been hesistant to ever have a bike of my own, and i still am, im sure ill be dancing around the issue for a while before i make any kind of choice, but who knows, i might be riding with some of you guys one day, just thought id share my experience cause im pretty stoked about it......
Old 07-24-2004, 07:53 AM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey
Default Re: had my first experience

good shit Ricky. I plan on getting a new GSXR 600 in september. I need to get this deal done with this Camaro SS first.
Old 07-24-2004, 07:57 AM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
i come in to work today and my co worker just purchased a new gsx r 600, and we were talking about it, he was telling me a couple things about it and what not, how easy it is to get your permit and liscence and shit down here in n.c, and then he asks if i want to drive it, so i responded,'' fuck yes"....considering the only bikes ive ever ridden have been dirt bikes i was a tad nervous, but i knew how everything worked, i wasnt new to shifting gears on a bike so i took it out on rt 34 which is right in front of the station so if i crash, they can get there real quick with the ambulance and engine, ahha, but anyhow, i took off in 1st and 2nd and i almost shat myself, i didnt even rev past 8k and the bike had so much torque it was frightening, i know its a small bike and you other crazy fuckers who ride the 1000, 1200 cc bikes are nuts, i came back and was pretty excited about it, he told me how much he pays a month for the bike and insurance and its pretty damn good, ive always been hesistant to ever have a bike of my own, and i still am, im sure ill be dancing around the issue for a while before i make any kind of choice, but who knows, i might be riding with some of you guys one day, just thought id share my experience cause im pretty stoked about it......
I feel ya man. Once you ride a bike, nothing feels as fast by comparison. Once you get the "going in a straight line" fast down, then you have to move to going through turns fast. Turns are where its at now, i keep challenging myself to go faster through'em. And he is right, its easy to get the permit and a license. Now, unless you get something used this season i dont think there would be much point in getting a bike this late in the game, because prices will be high. But if you go ahead and make a goal for next season, knowing how it made you feel now, then sign up for a riding class now, and get a bike at the end of winter while they are cheap. You dont have to do it like that, but you save money, and you get yourself feening for next year. Hopefully i can get a liter bike next season, im definately not tired of my 6, but after playing with the liter bikes, i want one
Old 07-24-2004, 08:46 AM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

definetly good suggestions Mr.6. I hope that they will be little lower on prices in september. I also hope the 05s are in and maybe they will have a few 04s left to help with bargining.
Old 07-24-2004, 09:08 AM
Cock of the Infinite

tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240

i think im goin for a 750 next season 600 is PLENTY of fun... but riding with ppl like john makes you feel SO DAMN SLOW.
Old 07-24-2004, 09:58 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

thanks for the knowledge on saving money mr.6, it would be at least next year before i bought one IF i actually decided to get one, id rather have a house than a bike and a car at the moment.......
Old 07-24-2004, 11:41 AM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

Originally Posted by tiki240
but riding with ppl like john makes you feel SO DAMN SLOW.
I know!! I was hangin with him on Cannon, but when he hits a straight im fucked

Originally Posted by greygti
definetly good suggestions Mr.6. I hope that they will be little lower on prices in september. I also hope the 05s are in and maybe they will have a few 04s left to help with bargining.
By the end of Feb they most likely will, i think the '05 bikes get released in March, atleast i thought thats when the '04 R1 got released this year. When it came out I saw an '03 R1 go for 8k (normally 10k)!!! I was shocked.

Impatient, if you really want to ride, seeing as its the end of the season, i say just find the cheapest bike you can (any 600 or lower) and just ride around on it. It wont be a gixxer (unless you get one of course ), but it will land you some xp and give you a chance to feel out riding, and whatever you step up to from there should be a piece of cake.
Old 07-24-2004, 05:55 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Originally Posted by Mr.6
By the end of Feb they most likely will, i think the '05 bikes get released in March, atleast i thought thats when the '04 R1 got released this year. When it came out I saw an '03 R1 go for 8k (normally 10k)!!! I was shocked.
yeah, but they told me that the bikes usually start coming in to the dealership around september or so....so I'm crossing my fingers.
Old 07-24-2004, 06:01 PM

s2k7 has disabled reputation

get one quick ricky so we can go crash ours together
Old 07-24-2004, 06:59 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Originally Posted by Nates95Accord
get one quick ricky so we can go crash ours together