Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Got a BS speeding ticket on the bike last night.... HAVE GPS PROOF...

Old 10-18-2011, 07:45 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to all
Default Re: Got a BS speeding ticket on the bike last night.... HAVE GPS PROOF...

Wish ya the best of luck!
Old 10-19-2011, 07:12 AM
TheMuhFuggin♂

burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy
Default Re: Got a BS speeding ticket on the bike last night.... HAVE GPS PROOF...

I was a fucking rock star in court today! Most fucking fun I've ever had in court. Made the cop look like a bumbling fool and impressed the shit outta the judge.

CASE DISMISSED!

If anybody wants info on any particulars of how I got all the GPS data I did PM me and I'll do what I can to help. I wanted to backflip out of the courtroom.

Cop tried to testify he was 67 yards from us when he recorded our speed. But I used his own testimony of his location and our location at the time of the alleged offense along with another google road map I printed that showed it was closer to 1500 feet or 500 yards. After which I told the judge "Perhaps oficer Reese's estimation ability was hindered that night by the fog.

He testified he didnt rememberany fog and I pulled out an Almanac weather history that showed it was extremely foggy and visibility was limited.

Then he threw me a curve and told me he hod us on radar and not LIDAR like I was initially told at the scene. A lot of my case was based on the inaccuracy of LIDAR so I got him to admit first that LIDAR has a much tighter beam than radar. Then I asked how wide a LIDAR beam was at 1500 feet. The judge interjected that he was formerly trained on LIDAR and the beam was "pencil thin". I pulled out a copy of a LIDAR operators manual and said "Actually according to the operators manual for a Stalker LIDAR speed measuring device the beam is equal to .003 times the distance to the target or 4.5 feet wide.

He kinda blinked and laughed then I got the officer to certify that the beam would indeed be wider than a LIDAR beam.

Then I got him to testify the RADAR was in a fixed mounted position and not hand held. I produced a picture of my motorcycle showing it's width to be 22" and asked the officer if it was possible for two motorcycles of that width to be in the same beam to which he replied "No." (Bullshit LOL)

I then got him to state that I was approximately 15 feet in front of the other operators motorcycle and we were riding staggered in the lane.

Then I dropped the GPS bomb on em. Judge had never seen someone bring printed GPS proof before and he looked that shit over for literally 12 minutes in silence before saying.

"Mr. Whitten it's very clear to the court that you've done your homework and come prepared to defend yourself today. You'cve done an outstanding job of putting doubt in my mind. I find you Not Guilty, Case Dismisse."

I turned around to walk out and every other person waiting to have a case heard was smiling LOL.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:17 AM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Originally Posted by burnoutboy
I was a fucking rock star in court today! Most fucking fun I've ever had in court. Made the cop look like a bumbling fool and impressed the shit outta the judge.

CASE DISMISSED!

If anybody wants info on any particulars of how I got all the GPS data I did PM me and I'll do what I can to help. I wanted to backflip out of the courtroom.

Cop tried to testify he was 67 yards from us when he recorded our speed. But I used his own testimony of his location and our location at the time of the alleged offense along with another google road map I printed that showed it was closer to 1500 feet or 500 yards. After which I told the judge "Perhaps oficer Reese's estimation ability was hindered that night by the fog.

He testified he didnt rememberany fog and I pulled out an Almanac weather history that showed it was extremely foggy and visibility was limited.

Then he threw me a curve and told me he hod us on radar and not LIDAR like I was initially told at the scene. A lot of my case was based on the inaccuracy of LIDAR so I got him to admit first that LIDAR has a much tighter beam than radar. Then I asked how wide a LIDAR beam was at 1500 feet. The judge interjected that he was formerly trained on LIDAR and the beam was "pencil thin". I pulled out a copy of a LIDAR operators manual and said "Actually according to the operators manual for a Stalker LIDAR speed measuring device the beam is equal to .003 times the distance to the target or 4.5 feet wide.

He kinda blinked and laughed then I got the officer to certify that the beam would indeed be wider than a LIDAR beam.

Then I got him to testify the RADAR was in a fixed mounted position and not hand held. I produced a picture of my motorcycle showing it's width to be 22" and asked the officer if it was possible for two motorcycles of that width to be in the same beam to which he replied "No." (Bullshit LOL)

I then got him to state that I was approximately 15 feet in front of the other operators motorcycle and we were riding staggered in the lane.

Then I dropped the GPS bomb on em. Judge had never seen someone bring printed GPS proof before and he looked that shit over for literally 12 minutes in silence before saying.

"Mr. Whitten it's very clear to the court that you've done your homework and come prepared to defend yourself today. You'cve done an outstanding job of putting doubt in my mind. I find you Not Guilty, Case Dismisse."

I turned around to walk out and every other person waiting to have a case heard was smiling LOL.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:11 AM
TheMuhFuggin♂

burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy

Originally Posted by TATTRAT
Exactly how I felt. I had every "LIKE A BOSS" meme I've ever seen running through my mind LOL. I literally almost stopped some random guy on the sidewalk to tell him I just beat a speeding case with GPS data... but then I realized he'd think I was a crazy person LOL.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:20 AM
TheMuhFuggin♂

For anybody interested a full copy of the case report can be found here.

http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us...tailLoc=DSTRAF

LMFAO at my "race" being listed as "Race:WHITE,CAUCASIAN,ASIATIC INDIAN,ARAB" I ain't got no damn Asiatic Indian or Arab in me... (reported myself for racism )

Last edited by burnoutboy; 10-19-2011 at 08:23 AM.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:29 AM
Registered Member

msp#1623 has disabled reputation

haha this is awesome. congrats on the dismissal
Old 10-19-2011, 08:29 AM
TheMuhFuggin♂

Originally Posted by msp#1623
haha this is awesome. congrats on the dismissal
Thank you!
Old 10-19-2011, 08:35 AM
TheMuhFuggin♂

FTR I'm gonna retract my bumbling idiot statement about the cop LOL. He was flustered and had to flip through his notes a lot and answered "I don't know." more than a couple of times. But overall he was fairly professional. Now that his names out there I don't need him knocking on my door looking to kick my ass ROFL.

I think I'm still just a litle amped LOL.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:45 AM
Registered member

turbotyler has disabled reputation

if your telling the truth you should fight it in court and findout how to ttell ur mph at that location so you can make the cop look like a dumbass !!
Old 10-19-2011, 08:48 AM
TheMuhFuggin♂

Originally Posted by turbotyler
if your telling the truth you should fight it in court and findout how to ttell ur mph at that location so you can make the cop look like a dumbass !!
Did you not read anything past the thread title??? I took it to court and won today.

Quick Reply: Got a BS speeding ticket on the bike last night.... HAVE GPS PROOF...