VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Cycle Corner (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/cycle-corner-41/)
-   -   Got a BS speeding ticket on the bike last night.... HAVE GPS PROOF... (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/cycle-corner-41/got-bs-speeding-ticket-bike-last-night-have-gps-proof-406179/)

burnoutboy 07-26-2011 01:09 PM

Got a BS speeding ticket on the bike last night.... HAVE GPS PROOF...

My buddy and I were out on a night ride last night on some MD farm country back roads. We both figure we were doing about 50-55 in a 40. We crested a hill and I immediately saw a Sherriff on the other side on the road, parked facing us. I looked down and my speedo read 52 my friend says when he noticed the cop his read 50 but I had already hit the brakes.

The Sherriff walked up and said he got me doing 64 and my buddy doing 68. NO WAY. It was extremely foggy and we were worried about deer so we were keeping it slowish on purpose.

I was running a google My Tracks on my phone. It records speed, elevation, time, etc. I have the track in GPX format and several others but I cant figure out how to pinpoint my speed at te exact location... or how to get it in MPH as it's being recorded on my phone instead of KPH. I have a copy from an internet program that shows my average speed at that point was 48 but I can't figure out how to get my exact speed at any one point. I've got it in KML and GPX formats. It also shows he was 945 feet away from the crest of the hill he supposedly clocked me coming over, in the fog no less.

Anybody that knows how to display speed info on Google Earth or similar with My Tracks info get et me please!

burnoutboy 07-26-2011 01:15 PM

Re: Got a BS speeding ticket on the bike last night.... HAVE GPS PROOF...

Also is there any way to edit out the track to delete everything that happened after the stop... we blew off a little steam on a Mexican highwayt on the way home and I don't think a track with 135MPH highways speeds is gonna help me in court LMAO.

djgrom 07-26-2011 01:28 PM

Just need to get the instantaneous data points, which will probably require some queries.

nftuatn 07-26-2011 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by burnoutboy (Post 7249631)
My buddy and I were out on a night ride last night on some MD farm country back roads. We both figure we were doing about 50-55 in a 40. We crested a hill and I immediately saw a Sherriff on the other side on the road, parked facing us. I looked down and my speedo read 52 my friend says when he noticed the cop his read 50 but I had already hit the brakes.

The Sherriff walked up and said he got me doing 64 and my buddy doing 68. NO WAY. It was extremely foggy and we were worried about deer so we were keeping it slowish on purpose.

I was running a google My Tracks on my phone. It records speed, elevation, time, etc. I have the track in GPX format and several others but I cant figure out how to pinpoint my speed at te exact location... or how to get it in MPH as it's being recorded on my phone instead of KPH. I have a copy from an internet program that shows my average speed at that point was 48 but I can't figure out how to get my exact speed at any one point. I've got it in KML and GPX formats. It also shows he was 945 feet away from the crest of the hill he supposedly clocked me coming over, in the fog no less.

Anybody that knows how to display speed info on Google Earth or similar with My Tracks info get et me please!

Originally Posted by burnoutboy (Post 7249642)
Also is there any way to edit out the track to delete everything that happened after the stop... we blew off a little steam on a Mexican highwayt on the way home and I don't think a track with 135MPH highways speeds is gonna help me in court LMAO.

so you got a ticket for supposedly doing 64-68 but WERE DEFINATELY not going more than 55ish because of fog and worried about deer....BUT,,,after the ticket...fuck the deer and fog and do 135....sounds about right...and they must be 600cc bikes...135 is nothing

burnoutboy 07-26-2011 02:54 PM

FTR the 135 was on I-83... in Mexico. It's a 6 lane interstate highway. The 50-55 was on Gorsuch road in Hampstead MD it's a 2 lane windy back road through a valley full of cornfields. Mine is a 97 GSX-R 750 my buddy rides a 04 ZX-10R... like I said we were taking it easy.. ass LOL.

Didnt see a single car on 83 the whole way back and if I would've wrecked into a tree I wouldn't have expected a "OH LAWDY FEEL SORRY FOR HIM AND HIS CHILLUN" thread. Let me see if I can get the average speed map up to back me up a bit...

nftuatn 07-26-2011 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by burnoutboy (Post 7249860)
FTR the 135 was on I-83... in Mexico. It's a 6 lane interstate highway. The 50-55 was on Gorsuch road in Hampstead MD it's a 2 lane windy back road through a valley full of cornfields. Mine is a 97 GSX-R 750 my buddy rides a 04 ZX-10R... like I said we were taking it easy.. ass LOL.

Didnt see a single car on 83 the whole way back and if I would've wrecked into a tree I wouldn't have expected a "OH LAWDY FEEL SORRY FOR HIM AND HIS CHILLUN" thread. Let me see if I can get the average speed map up to back me up a bit...

so you made it from md doing 55 to MEXICO to run 135 and your already back....im trying to figure out how...thats pretty remarkable..

burnoutboy 07-26-2011 03:11 PM

It's a 750 and a 1000 bro.... and both have flux capacitors...

I'm guessing you're as clueless at MyTracks as I am and therefore no help at all.

If the 83 I was talking about had in fact been in the USA the MyTracks average speed map would probably look like this:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...v/69d8e8c5.jpg

TATTRAT 07-26-2011 06:39 PM

My tracks/more/settings/display/uncheck metric units

Upload the file to google maps(create an account), save them to "My Places", it breaks all your tracks into detailed legs.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?authu...2e1fd0fabf5d7e

burnoutboy 07-27-2011 05:48 AM

Thanks tatt. I got it uploaded to my google maps account already and it shows me all the info on the red marker at the end but all it has is averages. The purple markers where it breaks it into sections don't show anything for info on speeds etc.

I thinkI need to turn the settings on the mytracks up so it records more points or some shit... it's kinda frustrating having it there and not knowing how to get the info out.

paperassgasket 08-08-2011 03:10 PM

this is actually a really interesting thread. I'm kind of curious about how to extract those data points also.

in the meantime... this MAY help you

http://skattertech.com/2011/02/how-m...traffic-court/

probably not moreso than you already figured though.

This could help but may be over your head if you're not into programming:
https://sites.google.com/site/gmapst...-my-map-as-kml