Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Does this even exist?

Old 02-22-2004, 07:16 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trynkeepup is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does this even exist?

needed, but after second your still sliding.
Old 02-22-2004, 07:26 PM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

i think its just to absorb any initial impact
Old 02-22-2004, 08:49 PM
ScrewD010

Mikahl is on a distinguished road

Not to jack, but is that last bike on Torque movie real?Not how fast it goes in the movie,but just if it's real. I don't know much about Crouch-Rockets but like looking at them.
Old 02-23-2004, 09:02 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

haha why didn't you just start a thread and ask...

yes the Y2K is real, and that is how fast it goes although the horrible CG made it look gay

"When we took it out for a run, the tires started smoking at 175 mph..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With all of the destruction promised by the soothsayers and doomsday enthusiasts for the new century, it's refreshing to see solid proof of raw decimation to come. What is coming at us now is not a pipe-dream or a cry of wolf. Don't run for your weapon or worry about those cases of survival beanie weenies and bathroom paper, beanie weenies can't help you now. The shrill of the beast has been heard.

Could this be the start of a bloody, high tech Street Fighters war? Should the owner's of Ninjas and Ducatis strap on their combat gear and load up their gas tanks with 105? I think not. It's more like the Super Bike Armageddon. Boasting over 300 horsepower and 425 ft/lbs of torque, the Y2K jet cycle seems far beyond the realm of the best sport bikes yet created.

Under the fairing is some of the most advanced turbine technology of our time. The Rolls Royce Allison 25O-C18 Turbine, originally designed for helicopters, was modified and mounted upside down in the frame. It feeds on anything that burns. Fresh out of jet fuel? Just serve it up some diesel or kerosene! If it burns and you can pour it in the tank, the engine will run.

The brainchild of Marine Turbine Technology's president Ted McIntyre, the theoretical speed of the jet cycle is over 250 mph. McIntyre states, "When we took it out for a run... the tires started smoking at 175 mph because we just didn't have the room to accelerate." Did someone say "Bonneville"?

Believe it or not, this machine is street legal. But before you drool all over your keyboard and take a hammer to your piggy bank, the price tag is around $250,000. I don't even think it has a neat little tool kit under the seat. Hey, who needs a tool kit? Can you tune a turbine??

The bike rolls on carbon fiber wheels and the frame, suspension and electronics are state of the art. The "rear view mirror" consist of a rear mount camera and a monitor mounted in the dash. Could this be the future of High Performance street bikes?

jay leno has one, there is a video floating around the internet of him pulling up to a bike hang out on it, its insane when he starts it up, sounds literally like a jet preparing for take off
Old 02-23-2004, 09:24 AM
Maria Giovanna Bella

Hoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these parts

Interesting concept. I wonder how heavy it is....
Old 02-23-2004, 11:36 AM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

I didnt see the god awful movie **thank god**

But i knew that Jay Leno was one of the first people to own one of those.