VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Cycle Corner (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/cycle-corner-41/)
-   -   Deadly accident causes heavy backup on JRB (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/cycle-corner-41/deadly-accident-causes-heavy-backup-jrb-212189/)

Lord Humongous 11-16-2007 09:31 AM

Re: Deadly accident causes heavy backup on JRB

Senior airman killed in motorcycle accident

Staff report
Posted : Friday Nov 16, 2007 9:15:24 EST

An airman from Langley Air Force Base, Va., was killed Tuesday when he lost control of his motorcycle in traffic.

Senior Airman Michael Starren, 23, was assigned to Langley’s 1st Logistics Readiness Squadron. According to a report in the Daily Press of Hampton Roads, Va., Starren was riding his motorcycle at a high speed down the center line of the James River Bridge while traffic was stopped.

Starren then lost control of the bike and flew off, while the motorcycle crashed into two trucks and a car before bursting into flame, according to the Daily Press. Starren was pronounced dead at the scene.

“The Air Force has lost a true warrior,” said Lt. Col. Kevin Gaudette, 1st LRS commander, in a formal statement. “On behalf of his friend and coworkers in the 1st LRS, I’d like to extend our heartfelt condolences to his family for their tragic loss.”

Real Random 11-16-2007 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by NFCstang (Post 3563991)
Senior airman killed in motorcycle accident

Staff report
Posted : Friday Nov 16, 2007 9:15:24 EST

An airman from Langley Air Force Base, Va., was killed Tuesday when he lost control of his motorcycle in traffic.

Senior Airman Michael Starren, 23, was assigned to Langley’s 1st Logistics Readiness Squadron. According to a report in the Daily Press of Hampton Roads, Va., Starren was riding his motorcycle at a high speed down the center line of the James River Bridge while traffic was stopped.

Starren then lost control of the bike and flew off, while the motorcycle crashed into two trucks and a car before bursting into flame, according to the Daily Press. Starren was pronounced dead at the scene.

“The Air Force has lost a true warrior,” said Lt. Col. Kevin Gaudette, 1st LRS commander, in a formal statement. “On behalf of his friend and coworkers in the 1st LRS, I’d like to extend our heartfelt condolences to his family for their tragic loss.”

okay that was already posted.
thanks for playing

SlowKOUKI 11-18-2007 03:59 PM

His girlfriend came into my shop on Friday and got a tattoo by me in memory of him, she said he loved riding, it was his life. She said she couldnt of been happier that he went out doing what he loved, but wished he could of been a little older. RIP Mikey.

streetsk8er757 11-18-2007 07:20 PM

"Ride to Live"

RIP

Bustadust 11-22-2007 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by SlowKOUKI (Post 3568818)
His girlfriend came into my shop on Friday and got a tattoo by me in memory of him, she said he loved riding, it was his life. She said she couldnt of been happier that he went out doing what he loved, but wished he could of been a little older. RIP Mikey.

was told she only knew him for 3 weeks..kind of strange.