Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Deadly accident causes heavy backup on JRB

Old 11-13-2007, 03:01 PM
FTP! Cop's Lie!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R1Buttercup is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Deadly accident causes heavy backup on JRB

Another fallen rider.

Traffic is now flowing smoothly along the James River Bridge. An earlier, fatal accident had caused major backups.

According to State Police a van was traveling toward Isle of Wight when it ran out of gas which caused another van to his the one that ran out of gas.

A motorcycle, which appeared to be traveling at a high rate of speed, was riding down the middle of the two lanes of traffic and lost control and struck three other vehicles. The motorcyclist was pronounced dead at the scene. His identity has not yet been released.

Wavy 10

This is got to stop. That's four motorcycle accident's in less than a week.

Local MC's are getting together to have a meeting hopefully this weekend to talk about the rise in motorcycle fatalities. Will post more info later.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:46 PM
Registered Member

Runnin13s is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Deadly accident causes heavy backup on JRB

wtf is going on with all these crazy accidents
Old 11-13-2007, 03:51 PM
r0tard

Verbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by R1Buttercup

A motorcycle, which appeared to be traveling at a high rate of speed, was riding down the middle of the two lanes of traffic and lost control and struck three other vehicles.

What was he thinking? I can't believe how far away the bike was, i'd say he was haulin ass.

Last edited by Verbal; 11-13-2007 at 03:55 PM.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:12 PM
Lurker Extraordinair

TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid

^ +1

I love my bike as much as the next guy....but i have no sympathy for someone splitting lanes or weaving in and out. Specially on a section of road like that, that i travel everyday.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:16 PM
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta

i had seen signs at work about it and the traffic buildup, and thought it may have been a rider.

rip.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:21 PM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

don't know what MC clubs will d but i think it is time for cops to start crackin down on bikers and also for friends to step up and put pressure on their buds to get legal and ride safe. I hate hearing about dumb bikers getting killed
Old 11-13-2007, 06:30 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

Yeah, and thats the sad thing is lately it seems to be a lot of people who are being idiots. I wish people would grow up and realize that bikes are not just a toy. These things can, will, and do kill people.

Grow up and ride safe everyone.

RIP
Old 11-13-2007, 06:34 PM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

http://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-no...r_tab01_layout

another article with pics
from the different pics it looks like a black fireblade or r1

Last edited by Real Random; 11-13-2007 at 06:44 PM.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:15 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

Going by the swingarm, I'd definitely have to say it's a black R1. Hopefully no one anyone knows, and hopefully no one who's bike I work on here at the shop

The initial reports I heard during the day said it was a Harley.

At least I know it wasn't Brandon (Sadly, I can tell by the tires), whose bike I work on all the time, hopefully no one else is directly effected. This is getting unreal
Old 11-13-2007, 07:19 PM
Registered Member

SeanJohn has disabled reputation

Let me start by saying RIP to this fallen Rider.

I don't think the MC clubs will do much, But Q i agree with you that the police needs to start cracking down.

Also I think VA needs to do what they do overseas, where when you get your MC license and for the 1st year you can only run a small sized bike, and progress to a larger bike. Also have a special point system, just for the M class. Just my 2cents.

Quick Reply: Deadly accident causes heavy backup on JRB