Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

D-bags Strike Again!

Old 07-13-2011, 01:49 PM
Full-time New Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud of
Default Re: D-bags Strike Again!

What the hell is wrong with people?
Old 07-13-2011, 02:22 PM
Registered Member

wwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud of

So update, i didn't put this up there earlier, but i just talked to a detective and he seemed excited about it. When i picked up the bike from the impound lot, i had to pay the $230 fee in cash. Alas, i had no cash on me, so down the street i went to a Shell gas station to use the atm... Right as I was getting cash, a guy parks extremely close to the door and hops in to the gas station on one leg. He is chatting with the clerk and i hear him say he broke his leg riding his motorcycle, I immediately think to myself why doesn't he have crutches??? Then I grab a Gatorade and go to the clerk next to him for a closer look, his "cast" looks very crude like gauze and ace bandages wrapped around his leg a few times. Seemed strange to me, so as i walked back to my truck i snapped a picture of his license plate and a few of his truck... now i'm wishing i had followed him for a bit :-/ but anyway, i showed the pictures to the detective and he was excited to check it out, i will keep you guys posted if anything happens with this. Keep your fingers crossed for me, haha
Old 07-13-2011, 04:00 PM
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican

Dude, that'd be bad ass and the luck of the century.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:04 PM
Ghetty Green

J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30

Originally Posted by wwplayboater
what u said
what are the odds of that happening, and wtf??? why did you have to pay them an impound fee if it wasnt ur fault the bike was there in the first place. Thats just ridonkulous!
Old 07-13-2011, 04:41 PM
Registered Member

wwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud of

Yeah, with any luck at least my neighbors will get their bikes' back in one piece and there will be one less bike thief out driving insurance rates up... but it seriously would be the luckiest shit ever... having to pay the impound fee was painful and it definitely sucks, but everything about getting your bike stolen sucks, i have never had an experience like this in which i have had to deal with so many individuals who cannot adequately do their jobs, from cops to insurance to my apartments grounds management... it has all been painful.

For example, when I was picking up the letter for release of the vehicle from the police station the lady working there (not a cop) tried to tell me that the vehicle title (in MY name) was not adequate proof of ownership to have it released to me and that i needed the registration. I was shocked, baffled, dumbfounded and irate at the same time. When i informed her that she couldn't possibly be any more incorrect she tried to treat me like i was some idiot who had just violated parole for the 20th time... Needless to say, i lost it... I flipped out on her explained to her not only that she was horribly wrong but completely unprofessional and that she needed to change her attitude or i would be making her life a living hell. About this time mr hero street beat cop tries to jump in and chastise me for talking to a "lady" the way I was, horrible move on his part because I am on point. I proceed to berate him asking him what the slogan on the wall behind him says, it says "Serve and Protect", I follow this by pointing out that he has already failed to protect my bike from theft and that i am getting absolutely no service or aide in the recovering of a motorcycle that is already mine, I tell him i dont want to speak to the guy who cant even get half of his job right and to maybe try just picking one; service or protection and see if he can master it. About this time another cop, obviously higher ranking, walks in and is actually helpful, he corrects the lady with the attitude and shows her exactly where it says that a title is acceptable to use as proof of ownership, surprise, it is right on the damn form, and then apologizes to me for the trouble. I then calmly prod a few questions about why individuals in that office are so set on working against people as apposed to working with or even *gasp* FOR the individuals they are supposed to be SERVING.... He genuinely appreciates my feedback and promises to look into it, while this conversation is going on, dumb cop #1's personal cell phone goes off and i hear him getting his ass royally chewed as i walk out with my vehicle release letter

Oh and just so i dont get anyone's panties in a wad, i have no problem with cops and realize it isnt the most glamorous or lucrative job to have, but it is a public service oriented job and should be taken seriously.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:54 PM
Is in ur head, why?

crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness

Originally Posted by wwplayboater
possible run in with thief story
great job on getting the license plate! I hope that detective finds the jackass that stole your bike.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:49 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by crxmadness
great job on getting the license plate! I hope that detective finds the jackass that stole your bike.
thanks, me to!
Old 07-14-2011, 06:24 PM
Registered Member

So this may slowly morph into a build thread or rebuild thread rather.. started pulling all the broken ish off today...

ordered a new left clipon, left side signal/light switches, front rim, oil pump cover/gasket, and talked to a fab shop about making me a custom subframe...

my mangled subframe

started to bend it back, but decided having a new one made might be the way to go

Its going to become a single seat bobberish streetfighter, cant wait to get back on two.

if anyone has ideas or suggestions for me shoot'em at me please
Old 07-15-2011, 01:06 PM
Registered Member

cristo911 has disabled reputation

im new to bikes.
but do they make alarms with proximity sensors for bikes?
Old 07-16-2011, 05:38 PM
I <3 Hikki Chan!

ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE

Originally Posted by cristo911
im new to bikes.
but do they make alarms with proximity sensors for bikes?
That won't stop them.

Quick Reply: D-bags Strike Again!