Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle whore thread

Old 07-08-2013, 12:26 PM
HNIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker.
Default Re: Cycle whore thread

Originally Posted by ufctapout
Wife and I got soaked riding on Friday in WV. Never ridden through anything like it. I literally couldn't see 20 feet in front of me. We were about 30 miles away from our cabin with about 26 of those miles consisting of either dirt or gravel, the other 4 were proper paved roads. That was some intense rain.

I <3 WV.
This happened to the GF and I yesterday on the way home from skyline. Cars were pulling over on the highway to wait out the rain. We had no rain gear and I found out that my leather boots are water resistant and also act as a cup. lol.

Freaking pussies. lolol. Glad I had those new tires put on last week.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:33 PM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

Originally Posted by dyoungin'
About an hour and a half from the state line... not too far.
Ah. Not too bad then. Sucks to waste the gas though.

Originally Posted by Joker.
This happened to the GF and I yesterday on the way home from skyline. Cars were pulling over on the highway to wait out the rain. We had no rain gear and I found out that my leather boots are water resistant and also act as a cup. lol.

I had my waterproof dual sport boots on so was good to go, but my wife...not so much. She was wearing her horseback riding boots lol. They literally absorbed/caught all the water, she poured them out at the gas station. We're going to get her some proper gear this week.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:52 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Originally Posted by Joker.

Man my wife bitched one time when we got caught in a downpour. granted we were 5 minutes from home and she didn't get broken in. All this bitchin for this...lol

I have been in some bad downpours for hours because I have had no choice.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:56 PM
HNIC

Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker.

We started to leave Skyline and it started to rain. By the time we got to a gas station for cover we were SOAKED. She didn't care if we kept going since I felt safe riding in it, so we kept on trucking. This is one reason why I keep her around.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:17 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Don't get me wrong, my wife loves riding(long rides, bike nights, etc), but I think she was afraid of being soaked and never had to go through it. Granted she has a mop for hair and all. Then again if my hair touched my ass, I would be pissed all the time..lol

We did a skyline ride back in 2011 and it was cold. She was a trooper.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:01 AM
TwoWheels YearRound

Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade

OK, used the G9 on the way to work this morning.

First impressions:

The built in FM is awesome... but not in conjunction with an aftermarket exhaust, lol. I had to turn it up to an uncomfortable level to be able to hear it over the sweet sweet sounds of my M4's. I'm guessing it would be great for riding on the freeway where RPM doesn't fluctuate so much, but around town I'd rather listen to the bike and traffic.

I did make one phone call to the clam on the way to work, she could hear me fine and I could hear her as well as long as she spoke up just a bit.

I approve.

Now I'm just waiting for Joker to get back from vacation so we can test out the intercom features.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:11 AM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

Cliffs on why you chose Scala over Sena?

I'd like to get a set for my wife and I (mainly for intercom feature on our WV rides). Big price difference and not sure I'd use many of the features anyhow.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:14 AM
TwoWheels YearRound

Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade

I got it for a great price from a fellow Z1000 rider who works at a dealership.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:35 AM
TwoWheels YearRound

http://youtu.be/WnR416hF5Mg

Last edited by Southwade; 07-09-2013 at 06:43 AM.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:42 AM
TwoWheels YearRound

Commonwealth of Virginia: Allow safe lane splitting in traffic and at red lights

http://www.change.org/petitions/comm...-at-red-lights

Quick Reply: Cycle whore thread