Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cops and Bikes

Old 04-02-2006, 09:51 AM
Chillaxin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6
Default Cops and Bikes

I keep getting told by people that cops are not to persue bikes that are in excess of 90mph. Is this true?

I get so sick of people spreading around rumors, so I'd just like to know what some of you know for sure.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:01 AM
Va Beach Coast Rider

CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4
Default Re: Cops and Bikes

Not true.................
Old 04-02-2006, 10:07 AM
i probably hate you

Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

try riding by a cop at 90 and see what he does.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:07 AM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

Originally Posted by CBR600F4
Not true.................

That's what i thought. I remember the Richmond cops chasing some guy on his bike and killing him a short time after.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:20 AM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

naw, ive had a few friends get tickets for over 90mph. one cop "paced" my buddy at 120, which he was actually going faster. i think he learned his leason after loosing his license and going to jail.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:48 AM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

Originally Posted by onepointone
naw, ive had a few friends get tickets for over 90mph. one cop "paced" my buddy at 120, which he was actually going faster. i think he learned his leason after loosing his license and going to jail.
What would you have done? Is it safe to say you might as well run if you're gonna go to jail either way? Its not like you can hear police at those speeds anyhow. I know people that say they run, I pulled over the one time I could have run and got away with it for sure.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:16 AM
Registered Member

lutex1 has disabled reputation

i have gone by a cop at over 120mph twice and both times they turned on their lights and then turned them off right away cause they were still trying to merge....don't get me wrong i was scared shitless after i did it, and wasn't trying to do it......i have spoken to cops before about the same topic and they said that if a bike is in excess of 100mph and does not slow down when they turn on their lights they are not to pursue due to high death rate....they are suppose to call it in for other cars on the highway to get up to speed and try to stop the bike or pursue until they exit the highway

Last edited by lutex1; 04-02-2006 at 11:27 AM.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:42 PM
Registered Member

xshanex has disabled reputation

some cities don't chase at high speeds unless its for something other than speeding ie a felony or serious midemeanor. The bank robber suspect on the 954 last week ran and was chased until he crashed because he was suspected in a felony. It changes by city though and the original cop will call for back up like was said before. They can always get your plates and description and get you later for speeding or for something else...... like exhaust, other mods, inspection, and a bunch of smaller stuff. People wonder why they get nailed for prcatically nothing and then end up with a long list of offenses.....good chance someone on a bike just like yours was doing something stupid and you're paying the price. Also a good reason not to have one of the million popular bikes out there that everyone has. Much better to pull over, get a lawyer and plead out for speeding than have it turn into a wreck or evading and misc extra charges. I got tagged for 85 in a 35 within a residential area and stopped right away and took a bitching out by the cop, apologized, actually listened to him, didn't make BS excuses, didn't treat him like a dick and he dropped it to 55 in a 35 non-reckless on the spot. I keep it to 20 or less over unless I'm in a residential area where I go the limit or within 10mph and haven't been pulled in the 3 years I've had my loud/noticeable bike. On my motard the cops don't even look twice because they probably know I have only have 32hp at the rear wheel and could be chased down by a geo metro unless the road was nothing but tight corners

riding=fun.....but not fun to the point where speeding is worth going to jail and losing your job over. I'll do a couple high speed runs in the boonies to get the fix and then be over it for the rest of the season
Old 04-02-2006, 01:52 PM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mr.6
What would you have done? Is it safe to say you might as well run if you're gonna go to jail either way? Its not like you can hear police at those speeds anyhow. I know people that say they run, I pulled over the one time I could have run and got away with it for sure.

haha.. no sir.. its never worth it.

my buddy didnt know it was a cop riding his ass at 70mph on 95s. (it was at night). he ran it up to 135ish to get the guy off his ass then slowed back down. turned out, it was a state cop, and wrote him a ticket for 120mph.

i got pulled for a wheelie last summer.. well if you classify being 'pulled' by me pulling over before he even turned on his lights. i knew i was busted once i saw him come over a hill, but i also admitted i screwed up, and i got let off with a 'just be carefull'.

i will NEVER run from a cop. you just took your ticket, and changed it to a felony for eluding the police. just because your on a bike doesnt mean you WILL get away. you might have a better chance, but im not willing to take it. my job depends on me having my license, and i clean record at that. not to mention, what if you wreck while running. you and your bike get busted, if not getting yourself killed, and you still have all the other offenses on top of that. it wont be pretty.