Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Convincing a friend

Old 10-06-2004, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cbrrider600 has disabled reputation
Default Convincing a friend

I have a friend who wants a bike and thats awesome but i cant seem to convince him to get a 600 all he wants is a literbike. This will be his first streetbike and i dont think a new rider should have a literbike thats just insane. What do you guys and girls think. Should i let him get the literbike or try to convince him into getting a 600. I mean i love my cbr and i think that will be enough for him too. Any suggestions would be great thanks.
Old 10-06-2004, 06:34 PM
Registered Member

cbucgo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Convincing a friend

i have two bikes for sale right now. 2001 gsxr 600 with 12k miles for 4500. and a 2003 gsxr 750 with 4900 miles for 7500 with a bunch of mods.
Old 10-06-2004, 06:39 PM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

if he gets a liter bike it will be a hard lesson learned, your right to steer him towards a 600... but if he's got it stuck in his head and won't listen i don't know what you can do
Old 10-06-2004, 07:05 PM
$Level$

Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich

He obviously isn't thinking with his head....just his balls/ego. If he gets a chance, let him ride a newer 600 and it will probably scare him a bit. I was shocked on how much power my 600RR has. Better that he be a bit scared now than hurting himself later.
Old 10-07-2004, 02:53 PM
Your Kneegrow

Chino has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by cbrrider600
I have a friend who wants a bike and thats awesome but i cant seem to convince him to get a 600 all he wants is a literbike. This will be his first streetbike and i dont think a new rider should have a literbike thats just insane. What do you guys and girls think. Should i let him get the literbike or try to convince him into getting a 600. I mean i love my cbr and i think that will be enough for him too. Any suggestions would be great thanks.
you get people like these all the time. they are more concerned about the bike size than the riding experience itself. a friend, although not a close friend, is looking to get a bike. he wants a 1200cc cruiser, i told him he's crazy is what i think since he's never ridden a bike. his response is "who cares what you think"
i pretty much closed my mouth from there. not because i didn't want an argument but more or less because no matter what i say, these type of people are too hard headed and too ignorant to know any better. these are the true squids in my opinion. the ones that know nothing about riding and yet want to get a liter bike or higher just because they can afford it and they think they know what to do. its sad....but its their life, i hate to say it but they need to learn the hard way. it sucks because you want to educate them so much but if they are not willing to listen then there's nothing you can do. you can lead the horse to water, but u can't make him drink it.
Old 10-07-2004, 04:35 PM

s2k7 has disabled reputation

a 1200 cruiser that weighs over 500 lbs is slow compared to 600 sportbike. If it were my go 'round and i wanted a cruiser that's the route id go as well