Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Considering an R6

Old 03-18-2009, 06:04 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of
Default Re: Considering an R6

Originally Posted by FairladyZTT
Dont they run about $7000-$8000 new? Well... $3500 which would be about the middle between $3000- $4500 is half of $7000. Like stated... its ABOUT a 50% drop. Everybody didn't get together and decide to all sell their bikes for the same price. We kinda got off on the "whats it sell for thing". That was not really my intentions. It was more the "whats it cost thing". An older bike looks decent and costs about a 1/4th less. Does not have the same power. Its better to learn on... parts are cheaper... and you wont care as much when you drop it your first time. When somebody is looking at a 10 -15 year old bike.. they expect it to have been dropped in that time. When you are looking at a 3 year old bike... You expect it not to have been dropped and well maintained. So when getting rid of the bike.. if you dropped an older bike it really wouldn't matter. If you dropped a new SV or 250... you aren't gonna get squat for it. Nobody is gonna pay the same price for a bike that has been dropped as they would a bike that hasn't. So you will have to sell it for less. I am merely stating which I think would be a better choice for a beginner bike and easier to move up from when it has served its purpose. Like my opinion or dont... I dont care. I know the route that I took and I learned about bikes... learned to ride... and made money from my sale. To me I made a good choice.
No.

I purchased my Naked '03 on the showroom floor for $5350 (without taxes/etc.).

MSRP is/was $5999 I believe.

5 years later, I sold it for $3900.