Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

CBRs

Old 09-05-2006, 12:19 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jordan23 has disabled reputation
Default CBRs

I'm in the hunt for a first bike...After a lot of research I have decided that a 600cc bike is perfect for me...i already have money set aside for the msf course and giid gear...i realize my inexperience and plan to take it slow in the beginning...with this said...which would be the best for a beginner bike? The 600rr or 600f4i...As far as comfort goes i've sat on the both and there is little difference...
Old 09-05-2006, 12:31 PM
Registered Member

hornetsnest is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CBRs

How do you know that a 600cc bike is perfect for you if you never owned a bike or taken the MSF???

Research means s**t once you plant your ass on the bike and crack that throttle open.

Take the MSF first, ride a couple of your buddies bikes (If they'll let you), then make your desicion.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:44 PM
Registered Member

skee101 has disabled reputation

F4i and im selling mine if interested
Old 09-05-2006, 12:59 PM
misunderestimated

Yamamaha has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by hornetsnest
How do you know that a 600cc bike is perfect for you if you never owned a bike or taken the MSF???

Research means s**t once you plant your ass on the bike and crack that throttle open.

Take the MSF first, ride a couple of your buddies bikes (If they'll let you), then make your desicion.
I never took the msf and im doing ok....and the only reason i plan on taking it is for insurance reduction.

As for that course as well, you need a bike to use. So unless you know of someone that will allow you to use theirs, and have a notorized letter securing that its ok, then you are SOL. Pretty much if this is your first time riding a bike, and that you have just all of a sudden realized you want to "learn" to ride, well then man, good luck and i hope you dont hurt yourself too bad.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:18 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

go with whatever makes you happy, cuz in the end, you're the one who will be riding it and looking at it every day.

i gave up a while ago trying to give people advise on bikes. now, if you want to know known mechanical issues with bikes, what wears out, what breaks, what needs improvements, etc, then i can hook you up. any of the newer sportbikes are so close, it all comes down to what makes you happy, and what your trying to do with the bike.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:20 PM
Murdered Out

Up_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to all

the guy in the cycle classifieds is selling a 600. perfect starter bike and nice price.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:28 PM
Registered Member

hornetsnest is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shiftnlift
I never took the msf and im doing ok....
Good for you, but the MSF is a valueable learning tool for new riders.

For every one of you, there are probably 5 or 10 riders that are NOT DOING OK because they wrecked and or got killed because they (and/or their "teachers") didn't know what the f**k they were doing. I don't think the MSF itself is a garuntee, but it does teach you the basic skills and helps you prevent as well as avoid accidents.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:52 PM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

First off the desicion to go Honda is the correct one. They can take a beating. I would go with the F4i for comfort.
BTW MSF is great, the things i learned in there still help me out in a jam.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:52 PM
what?

scr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to behold

i have a 94 fzr600r with no farings...streetfighter style so theres not much to kill...and im really trying to get rid of it...
Old 09-08-2006, 08:19 PM
Registered Member

In the Works has disabled reputation

MSF Course at TCC supplies the bikes. Just throwing that out there