Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

bike rental

Old 06-29-2006, 02:36 PM
MVP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz
Default bike rental

anyone know of anywhere that rents bikes. I would like to try out a few bikes before I put down 8 thousand for a new one. I dont really know how dealerships are about test riding seeing as how I am fairly young (24) and they may think I'm just out to joyride someone elses bike.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:01 PM
what?

scr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: bike rental

isnt that what tryin out a bike is?
Old 06-29-2006, 04:02 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

used to be a harley rental shop on witchduck, that's about as good as your gonna get. no one will let you test ride bikes except harley/buell and triumph dealers. best bet is to befriend someone with whatever bike you're interested in.

that was the best part of my job(s)... i got to ride em all eventually...
Old 06-29-2006, 04:21 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

ditto. I've only seen the local Harley/Buell dealership allow anyone to test ride.. with one exception: I did see one older man late 40's or 50's that was somehow able to test drive/ride a used bike at the local dealership, but it was used. They're definitely not going to let you ride a brand new bike from the showroom, and most likely not going to let you ride a used one unless you're an older and more responsible person.

..but hey, it could happen.

I guarantee you won't find a place that would rent them. It would be far too risky and expensive to insure.