Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Anyone local with a TLR?

Old 08-02-2006, 11:45 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bigroy80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone local with a TLR?

Hey, I've owned 2 tlr's. Still own the second one now. With the rear shock, factory, its shit. I still have it on mine currently just because I havent got the money to upgrade. Bitubo's are generally the most cost efficient shock then ohlins and penske (not produced for it anymore) if you can score one. The gixxer swaps yall are thinking of are probably the front end which people will swap 750/1000 whole front ends. The rear shock mod people will do is with the showa shock off certain bikes. Theres all sorts of threads on it on tlzone, just take abit of time reading.

My personal impression of the bike is I love the engine, absolutly love it. I had mine dyno'd (mobile dyno at the mega meet) while they were doing hp numbers and it came out at 124. Not nearly as much as many new 1000's but plenty for me. They are deff whales compared to most bikes but I actually like it a bit. Im 6'4 210 and felt like a gorilla on my first bike which was an f3. I think the tl suits my riding style more than most bikes out there. Ive ridden my friends 06 gixxer 1000 and it seems like its everythings its cracked up to be but I dont think I would own one. Nothing against the bike, just not for me. The looks of the tl leave a bit to be desired in some instances but I personally like the look. Theres some things Im not the fondest of but overall I like it. If you check out the zone in the group buys theres constantly activity going on about new one off group buy products. Theres a few people over there that make there own parts for the tl and offer up gb's on them.

Thats my 2cents.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:45 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by V8 Hunter
I live in Ocean lakes.......
oh ok, so i'm pretty much across the street from you.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:57 PM
Handling is Key!

Voodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
oh ok, so i'm pretty much across the street from you.
Yep!
Old 08-02-2006, 01:11 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by TwoValveKid
Holy cow. Probably a little of my head at the moment. But ive heard so many people say for taller guys its a real pain to ride. But i havent actually sat on one to find out.

i did a whoooole bunch of work on one a while back, and the guy let me take it out afterwords to see how it handled. it's a sweet ride. the only thing that caught me off guard was how narrow the bike is between your knees. v8hunter probably never notices, since he has all those nice shiny duc's and all, lol, and they're the same way.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:33 PM
Lurker Extraordinair

TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid

I think i'de just have to sit on one really. If he is 5'7" im about 5'11" and wonder how it would be.

Thanks for the info roy. Ive been all over the sites and have looked. If the rc is comfortable to me i might get that. But im one of the few that likes the looks of the TL . Either way i would be happy. Just have to sit on both and see which is comfortable.

Main reason i was staying away from the RC was that the price was just a little out of range for my comfort. But i sold the car for a little bit more so i have a little excess.

Last edited by TwoValveKid; 08-02-2006 at 02:36 PM.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:08 PM
Handling is Key!

Voodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by TwoValveKid
I think i'de just have to sit on one really. If he is 5'7" im about 5'11" and wonder how it would be.

Thanks for the info roy. Ive been all over the sites and have looked. If the rc is comfortable to me i might get that. But im one of the few that likes the looks of the TL . Either way i would be happy. Just have to sit on both and see which is comfortable.

Main reason i was staying away from the RC was that the price was just a little out of range for my comfort. But i sold the car for a little bit more so i have a little excess.

If you are interested in an RC you should take a look at mine..... we can work on the price a little...
Old 08-02-2006, 05:57 PM
Lurker Extraordinair

TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid

It way outta ballpark
Old 08-04-2006, 04:12 AM
Lurker Extraordinair

Found one on ebay...item 260015328476. Think im going to visit some dealers on saturday and see if anyone has one that they'll let me sit on...maybe they'll see the nice fat check in my account and be nice to me for a change.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:09 PM
Lurker Extraordinair

Sat on an RC today and it was just not for me

But i am the new owner of this beaut ebay, item 170015664149.