Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Another New Rider With another Question

Old 01-08-2009, 07:19 PM
yes sir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rollingstock has disabled reputation
Default Re: Another New Rider With another Question

whatever bike u deside to go with. get sum decent gear... i normal say fuck gear, but if and when u go down it will save ur ass. + once u get used to wearing it, u dont mind putting it on just bc everything u ride
Old 01-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Registered Member

streetsk8er757 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by rollingstock
whatever bike u deside to go with. get sum decent gear... i normal say fuck gear, but if and when u go down it will save ur ass. + once u get used to wearing it, u dont mind putting it on just bc everything u ride
+1
I wear gear every time i ride even if i am just going 2 miles up the road to the gas station and back

I would get the 500 I started out on my Triumph and it is a blast to ride i just think I could have learned alot more on a smaller bike and then moved up to the Triumph then it would be alot more fun to ride.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:45 AM
Registered Member

PktHlk has disabled reputation

Well shit!!! Thanks a lot for all the input.. Keep it comin for sure.. I needed it trust me... This has been a long time comin for me and I just don't want to make an uninformed and stupid decision. Newayz you all have given me a lot to think about.. Trust me if they had any open courses right now I would be in them.Freezin my ass off..I just want to ride... but i know what i like. It's hard for me to explain but i'm sure ya'll understand. This is tough..
Thanx Bunches

Last edited by PktHlk; 01-09-2009 at 04:48 AM.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:59 AM
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve

Call your local community college every week and see if anyone has dropped out of the MSF class. I know a few people that have had success doing this. I signed up in December when they have open registration.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:09 AM
Registered Member

EFchulo has disabled reputation

Good Advice mugenej8power, I plan on taking classes and getting my first bike by summertime, although I still want the 01 GSXR 600 (not for style, looks & what people, think its just always been my fav.), but now I see I may have to rethink things.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:26 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by jpanelo
OMG I think I am in love... Lol Thanx... I am still readin still researching. About to order my helmet and jacket so I can have it before my MSF class starts.. Sooo excited but still a little unsure about what to get.. You were soo right about opening up my options.. WOW. that bike looks like soo much fun.. Thanx again..
Old 01-27-2009, 04:02 PM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

the gladius takes the place of the sv650 for 09, which is also a great learner bike.

i'm going off the assumption that you are female. from experience, females who ride pure sportbikes (most often gsxr's), very very often get rid of them within a year after purchase, probably because they end up scaring the everliving shit out of them. there was actually a female in my msf course on a fresh 08 gsxr600, and she pissed everybody off because she went the absolute slowest out of anyone, including myself on my little hyosung gt250, and nearly dropped it every single day. not saying this will be you, but it was pretty ridiculous and left a lasting impression.

which brings me to my next point. i asked around before buying my bike, and came to the conclusion that for a first bike i was dead set on a 250. from nearly anyone who is an experienced rider, they will tell you that either they started on a 250 or wished they started on a 250. plus, the reduced weight will help you learn to control the bike even without lowering it (my wife is 5'2" and can nearly ride my bike comfortably). but you should probably get it lowered anyway.

also, the advice on not buying new is good advice, especially if you're thinking about dropping 6-7k on a 'starter' bike with the gladius. you WILL drop it. COUNT on it. and it's a heartbreaking feeling to drop a new bike, because even getting a few scratches on the gas tank is going to piss you off.

that being said, the gladius is a nice bike, or you could find a used sv650 for probably closer to 5k. a used 250 will run you anywhere from about 2500 for an older ninja (ugly), to upwards of 4k for an 08 (nice looking). if you want a new ninja 250 go buy it RIGHT NOW because i guarantee on the first warm day the price will spike to around 5500.

or you could compromise and buy my 08 hyosung for 3400 obo.

anyway, just don't get the gixxer.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:14 AM
Registered Member

Yes Im a chick!! And all the stuff that you said, droppin it or scarin the shit out of myself are the main two things keepin me from really deciding on a bike.. Just a note though.. I really dont like the ninjas. They don't feel right.. I have decided one thing for sure though....NO GIXXER. I really don't wanna die... I mean seriously.. I just wanna have fun and ride. Im tired of not havin one. I just wish I could decide.. I have thought extensively about buying a smaller bike and keep coming to the same road block, I know that i should start out small and work my way up but knowing that I am gonna outgrow, figuritively speaking, a smaller bike makes me think that I should get something that I can "grow into" and not kill myself on and save myself the time and money. I don't know if that makes any sense. This shit is starting to make me dizzy. LOL. Im just tryin to make the best decision. That Gladius is sexy though JEEZ. I really like her style...LOL

P.S. I really suc at compromise. LoL

Last edited by PktHlk; 01-31-2009 at 05:18 AM.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:52 AM

TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean

well, it seems like you have done a lot research and you have a good head on your shoulder.
look into the full fairing sv650s(google), they look nice and are good starter bikes.
not mine but this is what one like
http://richmond.craigslist.org/mcy/991634501.html
Old 01-31-2009, 06:11 AM
单身的 and loving it :)

Kells<3's Bikes is on a distinguished road

Hello! Its nice to see another chick on here lol. I took the MSF course and it was really helpful and informative. SV650s are nice but the non-S types in my opinion are pretty. Naked bikes are sexy. I had a couple of Sport bikes before My 73 Cafe. I just didn't like the feel of the sport bikes. You will get a lot of opinions but make sure to read the bike buying 101 thread above it is helpful.

+1 on the gear people make fun of me because I wear it even short distances but I feel better with it!

if you have any questions (answer whatever I can lol I'm still anoob too) or just wanna chat send me a PM always up for new females to ride with (when your ready) good luck with everything!

Kellie

Last edited by Kells<3's Bikes; 01-31-2009 at 06:41 AM.

Quick Reply: Another New Rider With another Question