Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

aftermarket brake lines...

Old 05-14-2007, 07:31 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seanazzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default aftermarket brake lines...

i'm noticing the galfers are two seperate lines so will both connect directly into the master cylinder? the stock just has one line down to right caliper and then another line from right caliper to left...thanks for any info
Old 05-14-2007, 08:35 AM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of
Default Re: aftermarket brake lines...

yes, the new lines should of came with a longer banjo bolt that goes into the master cylinder.

in theory, having two separate lines going straight from the source applies equal pressure to the two brake calipers instead of the right caliper getting the most force and having the excess pressure bleed over to the left caliper.

its one of the benifits to getting aftermarket lines in addition to less flex in the hose.

make sure you bleed them well and put a good fluid in there, especially since you are riding on the track.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:40 PM
Registered Member

sweet thanks a lot man. what fluid do you recommend?
Old 05-14-2007, 03:12 PM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

hm.. most any racing fluid will work from any shop. i use "DOT 4 Brake fluid" by BG. i get it free at work and it works well for me. ive never had any fading issues and ive been running it in my bikes for 3 years now. boiling point is 311* F.

i would shoot for that boiling point or better. dont get dot 5. you cannot mix that fluid with dot 3 and 4 systems. if you were to mix them(dot3/4 and dot 5 fluids), it will make all the rubber seats in your entire brake system swell.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:08 PM
Registered Member

i've always used dot 4 belray, but it's regular fluid...that 66yr old dude said to put race fluid in. think it was blue?