Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

What are you using for Cable?

Old 07-30-2007, 03:34 PM
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot
Default Re: What are you using for Cable?

Originally Posted by KaeJR
http://www.policybytes.org/blog/PolicyBytes.nsf/dx/cable%20on%20house.jpg/$file/cable%20on%20house.jpg

picture of the drop
i hope your better at that cable stuff than you are at posting pics. anyways, fios signal comes in so hot they have to add attenuators to the line to bring it down to an exceptable level. comcast has a weak signal and any attenuation(from longer and more lines or anything else) hurts the quality big time.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:55 AM
Registered Member

mysteryguest is on a distinguished road

Fios>*

Verizon is taking tons of fed up Comcast customers away every day. Verizon's Fios is entirely new from the equipment in the central office to the customer's house.

I have been in this industry for over 12 years now and can tell you from personal experience the Verizon's Fios is far superior to anything else on the market. I've seen and worked on AT&T's "Litespeed" which is not offered here. I've seen Time Warner, Comcast, and Brighthouse's outside network too.

From the equipment to the extensive testing in the initial build, Verizon did not cut any corners. It is impressive to see the investment put into Fios.

ALL of the cable companies use fiber, true. Their fiber is shared between all of the customers as is the coax the fiber eventually splits off to with amplifiers and so on. This has been done since the 1990s. With Fios, all customers get their own fiber back to the hub. From the hub to the central office the customer will share another fiber with no more than 32 others.
Fios is far more simple, all new, thouroughly tested, and is capable of carrying so much more than offered at the moment.

I won't even get into the AT&T stuff. It's basically a half-assed version of Fios. Hybrid fiber-copper pair network.

To answer the original question, I don't have Direct TV. I have Dish Network since they offer the ESPN Gameplan so I can pretty much see all college football games. Direct TV offers the NFL deal where you can see all of the games. I wish Dish offered that, but to me college football > NFL so I have Dish.

When either Comcast or Fios shows up at my doorstep I will be done with Dish.

Last edited by mysteryguest; 07-31-2007 at 10:02 AM.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:03 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....

So should I switch over to verison all together? I need to check out thier prices.