Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Virginia Law On Nitrous

Old 09-12-2004, 01:17 PM
TERMIN8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ThroatyStang has disabled reputation
Default Virginia Law On Nitrous

I heard all you are allowed to have is a 10 shot? haha right... well anyway is it legal to have the bottle placed in a visiable spot? Like removing the back seats of the stang and mounting it there?
Old 09-12-2004, 01:22 PM
blingin cracka

KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster
Default Re: Virginia Law On Nitrous

Originally Posted by ThroatyStang
I heard all you are allowed to have is a 10 shot? haha right... well anyway is it legal to have the bottle placed in a visiable spot? Like removing the back seats of the stang and mounting it there?
the shot doesnt matter...how would they know anyways? you just cant have the line hooked up to the bottle while on a VA highway.

also, they cannot fail your VA state inspection just because youre on the jug. i got my car inspected with the giggle gas and it passed because its not something that can fail you (its not part of their "list").

no youre not supposed to have it in a visable area like your back seat, but if you have an open hatch car (like a camaro) then you can put it there, but it has to be bracketed down. if you take the car to the track when they tech you, if your bottle isnt bracketed down and out of the passenger compartment theyll either not let you race or tell you to remove the bottle (its up to the guy doing tech).
Old 09-12-2004, 01:24 PM
Arm
WTF is Photoshop!?

Arm is a jewel in the roughArm is a jewel in the roughArm is a jewel in the roughArm is a jewel in the rough

i thought it was just straight up illegal to have nitrous at all
Old 09-12-2004, 01:26 PM
blingin cracka

KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster

Originally Posted by Arm
i thought it was just straight up illegal to have nitrous at all
well, like its like this. its illegal to USE nitrous on a VA highway. its pretty ghey much like everything else here. kind of like, its illegal to not have cats, but its ok as long as its not driven on the street. the car/power adder laws are lots of holes in them

sides, heard of the N20 focus? its the saleen version of the focus. it comes with nitrous stock. but no bottle. so if you hook the bottle up you have to sign a waiver waiving your warranty. if it was illegal im sure you couldnt go to your local saleen dealer and order a n20 focus cause they wouldnt be able to ship it here...cause it has "nosss"
Old 09-12-2004, 02:35 PM
Man in the BOX

Alice_in_Chains is an unknown quantity at this point

Come on ya'll, as long as you only wear the mask in the dentist office, and not on the highway there's not really anything they can do about it.
Old 09-12-2004, 05:30 PM

Scythe has disabled reputation

One of the Camaro cops (forget his name) told me the law was just recently changed to that unless you're on a track or private property, that having a tank hooked to the lines is a felony. So hide it well
Old 09-12-2004, 05:46 PM
yea, i'm that guy

fatboyee has disabled reputation

catch me. charge me. or shut the fuck up.

ima keep my bottle in the car (granted, the car's been parked for most of the year and sees mostly track time) but until im locked up for a few seconds of joy... i'll keep playin
Old 09-12-2004, 07:35 PM
Banned

LOCO is an unknown quantity at this point

as long as the line is not connected, or as long as theres no way for the nitrous to get from the bottle to the motor, u can have it. trust me I check on these sort of thigns haha