Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Thinking about selling the GT - opinions from friends?

Old 09-23-2004, 04:53 PM
Nic
Patron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic
Default Thinking about selling the GT - opinions from friends?

I really love this car, but I've been thinking a lot recently. After 5 years, I've finally decided what I want to do as far as my education goes. If I concentrate on school and go straight through, I can finish up next December. That would mean no more trying to juggle a full time schedule at school and work both. Combine that along with the fact that my insurance is about to increase significantly thanks to a torrential downpour and drag radials. At the very best, I'm going to lose my incident-free discount, which amounts to about $45/mo. So I've been thinking and come to the conclusion that the only way I can get by with cutting my income in half is to sell the GT, and pick up a daily driver with the profit (yes, I'll make a profit off the car even if I sell it under blue book).

Thoughts? Opinions?

edit: before anyone else asks, no, the prostars are not for sale
Old 09-23-2004, 04:58 PM
Very nice, How much?

Riceatingfox has disabled reputation
Default Re: Thinking about selling the GT - opinions from friends?

Dont know you but mustangs are a dime a dozen you can find another one. Plus you'd really have to be a dumass not to better yourself by going to school. If i was in the same position i'd sell it.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:58 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Fuck!
Old 09-23-2004, 05:17 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

You're gonna miss it as soon as you see it go down the driveway, then try to build up a daily driver.

Having a new car is a luxury, a used car better on a budget -- then add bolt-ons with extra cash.

If you can make some loot, dump the car as they quickly lose value. Since it was stock except for the wheels, no big loss.
Old 09-23-2004, 05:18 PM
Nic
Patron

Originally Posted by Riceatingfox
Dont know you but mustangs are a dime a dozen you can find another one. Plus you'd really have to be a dumass not to better yourself by going to school. If i was in the same position i'd sell it.
That's my line of thinking. I've got a line on all the wholesale Mustangs I want, so it's not like I can't pick one back up whenever I'm ready.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:59 AM
<========8 ROBBCOCKS

Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx

get a honda..
Old 09-24-2004, 11:47 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

I think you are trying to work towards a longer term goal with a short term sacrifice. Do you want to spend money on something that you have little time for during school? If you're planning to get your learn on during summer, no point in having an expensive car that depreciates in value over time and not be able to enjoy it.

Might as well conserve loot to lower your cost of living. When you're working extra hours to make car payments, your school work may suffer. I'm in the exact same situation right now. Lower the cost of living, don't make (any more) large purchases, and get that degree as quickly as possible. Work only enough to cover basic living expenses.

If you're dedicated enough to conserve as much as possible, can have a larger nest egg to crack open at graduation. Look around. Many of your peers are living paycheck to paycheck with no advancement in sight, and they are content with that. To each their own. You seem to want more than that and are willing to take a small sacrifice in the short term (daily beater) for a longer term goal (college degree).

You may not have to go to the extreme of eating animal crackers lunches, but you can make it work.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:11 PM
Nic
Patron

My thinking exactly, Rich. I tend to be a bit spontaneous when it comes to buying and selling cars so I definitely appreciate the input from friends here. I'd realy like to find a VW Golf, but a Honda isn't out of the question if the price is right.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:40 PM
Stop this

Quick Hatch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 5th Gen
get a honda..

Old 09-25-2004, 04:56 AM
Banned

LOCO is an unknown quantity at this point

allen he might be getting rid of the stang, but he still has standards

fuck a honda haha

Quick Reply: Thinking about selling the GT - opinions from friends?