Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

scenic drives/views in richmond?

Old 01-31-2006, 01:47 PM
Patron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune
Default Re: scenic drives/views in richmond?

Originally Posted by Jennie
yup...been there in cars and with bikes...i didnt see what the big deal was. pretty though. the pictures they post on their website is pretty funny.
care to post where u think is better or where u like to drive?
Mountain driving is basically my hobby and I have been all over the country.
Would be interested in finding some new places
Old 01-31-2006, 01:58 PM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

isnt that the same turn where dari (sp?) wrecked his bike? i use to live on that road til this year.
haha yup took Dawry out that day, watched him bounced off a tree head first at like 45 mph and go limp, I seriously thought I had just watched him die... I took a dragva member out there a few months later and went down in the same one... it is a tricky one on a bike because its a partially blind decreasing radius so your speed going in is fine but once you get mid turn it can be, or atleast seem, too fast to make it, and the fact that theres a grassy bit of "run off" on the outside of the turn makes you want to stand the bike up and run off the road if you get in hot

do you know Dave by chance, has a silver honda blackbird, lives probably 15 minutes on route 14 further towards 360
Old 01-31-2006, 02:01 PM
Better Then That!

Jennie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RHD Soarer
care to post where u think is better or where u like to drive?
Mountain driving is basically my hobby and I have been all over the country.
Would be interested in finding some new places
it all really depends on how far you want to travel. Tenn. has several mountain roads with a pull off about ever mile or so. my fav is taking the parkway from Johnson City, NC to Gatlinburg (sp?) Tenn. Gatlinburg itself is one of the better vacation spots there. almost every hotel view is the mountains and they have several things to do at all hours. Cherokee NC is nice and has some nice (different) attractions. West Virginia has winding roads but pretty views.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:04 PM
Better Then That!

Jennie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320
.....do you know Dave by chance, has a silver honda blackbird, lives probably 15 minutes on route 14 further towards 360
i heard all about that wreck. poor dawry! least hes alright now...silly ass yeah i know of dave.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:16 PM
Registered Member

new_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond repute

Soarer, you should take the Lotus on the dragon soon. And BrianT, I don't know how active you are in the MR2 community (at least, I think you own and MR2), but you should check out Strong Stock 2006. Includes a day at the Dragon.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:27 PM
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot

i will definatly like to do strongstock this year if i still have my car.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:30 PM
Registered Member

new_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond repute

I can't decide between kingston and strongstock...
Old 01-31-2006, 02:48 PM
Registered Member

ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation

it all really depends on how far you want to travel. Tenn. has several mountain roads with a pull off about ever mile or so. my fav is taking the parkway from Johnson City, NC to Gatlinburg (sp?) Tenn. Gatlinburg itself is one of the better vacation spots there. almost every hotel view is the mountains and they have several things to do at all hours. Cherokee NC is nice and has some nice (different) attractions. West Virginia has winding roads but pretty views.
The parkway is full of cops....

anyone who drives aggressively knows to stay off the parkway... or at least not drive over the speed limit there.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:00 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

West Virginia has winding roads but pretty views.
... of trees that have branches that loop.

(Family trees, that is)
Old 01-31-2006, 03:01 PM
Registered Member

zx12guy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320
haha yup took Dawry out that day, watched him bounced off a tree head first at like 45 mph and go limp, I seriously thought I had just watched him die... I took a dragva member out there a few months later and went down in the same one... it is a tricky one on a bike because its a partially blind decreasing radius so your speed going in is fine but once you get mid turn it can be, or atleast seem, too fast to make it, and the fact that theres a grassy bit of "run off" on the outside of the turn makes you want to stand the bike up and run off the road if you get in hot
Yep him shooting into a tree is a sight I'll never forget, but no need to make excuses for people wrecking in that turn. It's rather easy as long as you're not afraid to lean. (and not hungover )

I hear that 250 and 33 into W. VA are pretty fun roads.

Last edited by zx12guy; 01-31-2006 at 03:04 PM.

Quick Reply: scenic drives/views in richmond?