Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Reckless driving: 90 in a 55

Old 11-24-2006, 11:14 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bonestock94 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Reckless driving: 90 in a 55

Best case scenario, your looking at a nice big fine, close to or more than 500 bucks, 6 points, and it will be up to the judge to suspend your license or not. Thats where the lawyer comes into play, you may be able to not get your license taken away..
Old 11-24-2006, 11:31 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

I count my blessings for each time I have gotten off. That is why I dont screw around on the street. it has been over 2 years since.

Last time I got caught street racing and doing 95 in a 25 in Williamsburg and being the fact I was from out of town got me off with a verbal.

You never know what will happen, but best of luck man.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:46 AM
BENORML

Mike187 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the input, this is all what im pretty much expecting. I mean when I go in there, won't they ask me right off the bat if I plead guilty or not? I'd like to just level with the judge, hopefully if he or she understands my situation I can get it reduced and just have my license restricted.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:35 PM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

Originally Posted by Mike187
I'd like to just level with the judge, hopefully if he or she understands my situation I can get it reduced and just have my license restricted.
It doesn't work like that. Get a lawyer or you're probably going to jail and/or losing your license.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:39 PM
Registered Member

bonestock94 has disabled reputation

plead guilty and apoligize
Old 11-24-2006, 02:42 PM
Murdered Out

Up_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to all

Richmond city? All I advice is plead guilty, dress up for court(tie NO throwbacks or jerseys- people do that) take the heavy fine, be apoligetic (sp) and take the driving school. I really do not think you will need a lawyer.

I got a 78 in a 35mph in the city of Richmond in front of the Segal center on broad. I got heavy fines, driving school/ anger management classes and my record is def. worst than yours. good luck.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:38 PM
Registered Member

ponycar is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn near everyone over the age of thirty here is going to tell you to get a lawyer. I wonder why that is? :-) Must be that 'sperience thing that Darrell Waltrip talks about.

Of course, theres always the hope for the best and practice your butt cheek clenching. I hear Richmond City jail is real nice for a white boy from the 'burbs!

BTW... where does this guy live? I want to avoid him like the plague! Darwin will catch up sometime I am sure.
Originally Posted by jjkamikaze
i drive 90+ 95,64,195, and 76 everyday. you have to just to keep up with traffic
Old 11-24-2006, 09:25 PM
Kicking Ass

Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T

Going 90 isn't that fast. It's not uncommon for me and a shit load of other people to travel 95 at that speed. Let's not start pulling this, "OMG speed kills!!!!" bull shit.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:06 PM
Patron

Boxer4PSI has disabled reputation

I got nailed doing 90 in a 55 in Fairfax a few years ago on I-66. I took the VA ASAP Class and an Aggressive Driving Class BEFORE the court date. In addition I hired a lawyer. This was my first offense. I got a $300 fine + court fees and 90 day restricted license for work and school reasons within Virginia.

Fairfax typically throws the book a lot harder then the rest of the state according to what I hear.

REGARDLESS THOUGH, GET A LAWYER. YOUR CHARGE IS CONSIDERED WITH THE SAME HARSHNESS AS A DWI CHARGE (Both are considered Class 1 Misdemeanors according to VA law). A lot of people on here are going to just be like "Show up in a suit and act sorry", but with a possible jail sentence, six month license restriction, and $2500 max fine, you should at least consult with a lawyer to get their opinion.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:51 AM
BENORML

Mike187 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd like to be able to get a lawer but it's really not an option for me. I'm saving up now just for the fines and all that. I still have my spring semester coming up and was just skating but paying for that, so unless this lawyer can convince the judge to pay me money, I don't think that's in the cards for me. I'm just really hoping the fine isn't $2500. Restricted license isn't that bad, my insurance is going to blow though. it's already $200 a month and I have a clean record. Geico blows.

Quick Reply: Reckless driving: 90 in a 55