Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Reckless driving: 90 in a 55

Old 11-24-2006, 06:38 AM
BENORML

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike187 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Reckless driving: 90 in a 55

Hey guys, not asking for legal advise or anything and I know I'm an assclown for going that fast, but I was trying to make a deadline at VCU so I could register for fall classes. I'm not familiar with this area and how they are on traffic offenses, I can only imagine though with all the traffic here. I have a clean record otherwise, I was cooperative with the officer too, I know that helps. I also just noticed that this happened inside of the safety corridor, where I think fines are increased. Everyone was driving 80 or so anyways.

Just want to see if anyone else has seen this situation around Richmond and might know what kind of assbeating I might expect. Best case scnario I expect a fine and driving improvement school since it is my first offense.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:33 AM
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot
Default Re: Reckless driving: 90 in a 55

ask for driving school at the hearing. they will give it to you on your first offence. then drop the ticket. you just pay court fees and driving school charge($50)
Old 11-24-2006, 07:35 AM
Kicking Ass

Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T

Originally Posted by jjkamikaze
ask for driving school at the hearing. they will give it to you on your first offence. then drop the ticket. you just pay court fees and driving school charge($50)
Not typically for reckless. The DMV is going to send you to driving school anyways for going 20 or over. I would expect the judge to fuck you up, but I really don't know. Just go to court and hope for the best.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:42 AM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

Normally good advice, but not in this situation. Driving school will not get you off a 90/55 first offence or not.

For this matter I would get a lawyer and let them work their magic. You're lucky, they could have taken you straight to jail.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:42 AM
Missin' the LBG

NikkaLB23 has disabled reputation

Wait, you were rushing to meet the deadline for FALL classes???? I thought that the Fall session was gonna end and going into the spring session??? just kinda curious.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:26 AM
BENORML

No, it was spring classes, just got mixed up. I did get lucky with the officer too. I have a completely clean record otherwise and that why the officer said he wasn't taking me to jail. Like I said I know it's my first offense and I know it's a BIG first offense but I'm hoping the judge is somewhat lenient. I don't think a lawer can make 90 in a 55 look any better. I was just planning on going in there, telling them what was going on honestly and hope that my honesty with them is worth something.

That's alot of hoping though.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:38 AM
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot

its bullshit anyways. i drive 90+ 95,64,195, and 76 everyday. you have to just to keep up with traffic and not have people on your ass. its all about revenue. when these laws were made cars were much less safe. they could raise every speedlimit by 20mph and all would be good.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:15 AM
BENORML

I mean I realize I shouldn't have been doing it. I can go from 60 to 90 just not even paying attention. I wish I could go in there and be like "My car just goes fast. I'm sorry." They won't buy that though. I mean it was 55 but it was still I-95 and everyone was going 80 or so. This trooper came on the onramp and everyone else backed way down and I was just in front of him. I don't usually go that fast just driving. I keep it around 80 at most travelling. I just needed to get that done.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:03 AM
VIP

LSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Mike187
No, it was spring classes, just got mixed up. I did get lucky with the officer too. I have a completely clean record otherwise and that why the officer said he wasn't taking me to jail. Like I said I know it's my first offense and I know it's a BIG first offense but I'm hoping the judge is somewhat lenient. I don't think a lawer can make 90 in a 55 look any better. I was just planning on going in there, telling them what was going on honestly and hope that my honesty with them is worth something.

That's alot of hoping though.

if you can afford a lawyer, then get one. even if they are able to reduce it to a regular speeding ticket, it's better to have that than a reckless driving ticket on your record.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:15 AM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

its bullshit anyways. i drive 90+ 95,64,195, and 76 everyday. you have to just to keep up with traffic and not have people on your ass. its all about revenue. when these laws were made cars were much less safe. they could raise every speedlimit by 20mph and all would be good.
No you don't have to go 90+ just to keep up with traffic, these are interstates, not Daytona.

Definitely look into getting a lawyer. Like stated, reckless is way worse on your driving record. Stays on for seven years, points assigned to it are much more than just speeding, and your insurance will be much higher.

Quick Reply: Reckless driving: 90 in a 55