Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

No more county stickers for Henrico

Old 02-16-2007, 01:34 PM
Fuckinitupagain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Strychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: No more county stickers for Henrico

You know with those new stickers how it's attatched to the part with ALL of your information on it? Well some dipshit comes in the shop last week with the WHOLE thing on the windshield. All of his information could be seen by anyone. I couldn't believe someone could be so fucking stupid
Old 02-18-2007, 06:55 AM
SPARKLEmotion

FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah

Originally Posted by Alice_in_Chains
Laugh all you want, but we paid for these pieces of shit in the first place and now they are not using them. So no they will have to raise taxes somewhere to make up for the loss they are taking on these gay stickers.
WERD. This pisses me off so bad. The whole concern behind the sticker was it doesn't comply with a STATE LAW that says you can't have a window decal larger then 3" height/4" width ( I.E; your inspection sticker). The gov. doesn't know its own laws??? Our hard earned money that was taxed from us is gone and they will have to tax MORE from us to come up with a way to fix the situation. I love the fact that I don't have to have some brightly colored sticker on my windshield, but now its easier for unlicensed cars/drivers (which means not insured) to hit the streets. This means the risk for one of us " legals" to get hit and not be compensated for the damages is going to increase. Those annually-colored stickers are the only way for a cop to peg an illegal ride at first glance. WELCOME TO THE COMMONWEALTH!
Old 02-18-2007, 06:59 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Well who is to say you still pay for them but not display them. If I recall Chesterfield still does that right?
Old 02-18-2007, 07:14 AM
Man in the BOX

Alice_in_Chains is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Woodrow
Well who is to say you still pay for them but not display them. If I recall Chesterfield still does that right?

Yep - Yep

Point was that the $250k it cost to make the new "now obsolete" stickers came out of my pocket, your pocket, everyone here's pocket. So now the county is $250k in the hole, look for new and exciting taxes to make up for their (and I will say again "THEIR") mistake.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:18 AM
Registered Member

AirBoyzT has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by DazedWun
you still gotta pay taxes on em just gotta carry the paper that says you paid or something like that.

It's actually paid through your personal property taxes
Old 02-20-2007, 05:03 AM
Desolation

Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch

Originally Posted by crx2sol
what kind of idiots are working for henrico county?........that little decal only cost taxpayers 265,000......and they are ILLEGAL to boot......then i remembered the ibook fiasco.....gotta love henrico
Please, do enlighten me on your version of the "iBook fiasco."
Old 02-20-2007, 05:51 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Mumbles
Please, do enlighten me on your version of the "iBook fiasco."
remember, they lined up thousands of richmond's poorest and most desperate people and gave them the chance to buy busted ass shitty laptops for a low price and said theres like 10,000 of you, there are 1,000 computers, whoever gets to the ibooks first gets them, there are no rules, now GO!!!! and let them loose to punch, kick, and stampede each other like wild animals, and henrico had somehow considered this to be a good idea
Old 02-20-2007, 06:58 AM
Desolation

Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch

I remember and know all about them, as I was in HCPS during the 4 years in which we had iBooks. We, the students, were given the chance to buy them first, and were offered to the public because they were switching to either IBM or Dell (can't remember which), but what do you expect for $100?
Were they shitty? Yeah because they had been used in a public school system for 4 years. Did I buy mine? Hell no, I knew what it had been through.

The dude made it sound like the whole thing was "illegal," which is what I was interested in hearing his take on. While I'm sure they could have done a better job organizing who gets what, you can't always estimate how badly people wanted laptops and what they were going to do to get one.

Last edited by Flinch; 02-20-2007 at 07:01 AM.