Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

A Little Legal Advice... Please

Old 07-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Double Agent HT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL
Default Re: A Little Legal Advice... Please

call your insureance company. After you make the claim,you can give it to the owner when you talk to him onsat. Tell him you made a claim, have a whitness, you have a assesment, and you have a lawyer. Tell him you will give him the chance to make this right now, or it will cost him more in the long run when you tack on time off work, legal fees and a longer rental fee after you win the case.

Tell him to cut his loses, man up and do the right thing. Bad press for him which is guaranteed will also hurt his buisness But dont say this last part unless he is a dick and basically has already said see you in court.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:25 PM
Registered member

DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus

Originally Posted by ILLEGAL
call your insureance company. After you make the claim,you can give it to the owner when you talk to him onsat. Tell him you made a claim, have a whitness, you have a assesment, and you have a lawyer. Tell him you will give him the chance to make this right now, or it will cost him more in the long run when you tack on time off work, legal fees and a longer rental fee after you win the case.

Tell him to cut his loses, man up and do the right thing. Bad press for him which is guaranteed will also hurt his buisness But dont say this last part unless he is a dick and basically has already said see you in court.
This guy hit the nail on the head.
Make eye contact the whole time, and be professional, even if he is not.
You'd be surprised how far a handshake and confidence will go, even before you start talking $$$s.

Good Luck and let us know how this turns out.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

Originally Posted by DisturbedFocus
This guy hit the nail on the head.
Make eye contact the whole time, and be professional, even if he is not.
You'd be surprised how far a handshake and confidence will go, even before you start talking $$$s.

Good Luck and let us know how this turns out.
thanks

the only way they can deny it is if you have altered suspention, which you dont. He has no case. BTW make a BBB complaint as well.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:57 PM
A.K.A Jebus

Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo

well the insurance company was a bust i didnt have full coverage and they cant get involved, i called the district clerks office and the court fees are nothing so that is the next step if this goes bad.

i had planned to contact the Free lance star to see if they would be interested in running a story about this guy doing bad business in the burg, and word of mouth would be a bitch for this guys business, and yes i plan on contacting the BBB befor all of this is done.

thank you all again for the info i had a feeling this was going to get flamed, but its been good so far
Old 07-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Registered member

DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus

Originally Posted by LamboTeg
well the insurance company was a bust i didnt have full coverage and they cant get involved, i called the district clerks office and the court fees are nothing so that is the next step if this goes bad.

i had planned to contact the Free lance star to see if they would be interested in running a story about this guy doing bad business in the burg, and word of mouth would be a bitch for this guys business, and yes i plan on contacting the BBB befor all of this is done.

thank you all again for the info i had a feeling this was going to get flamed, but its been good so far
well in that case you're a gayfish fuckbag democrat
Old 07-08-2009, 06:37 PM
A.K.A Jebus

Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo

Originally Posted by DisturbedFocus
well in that case you're a gayfish fuckbag democrat
love you too cupcake
Old 07-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Registered Member

lucas9277 has disabled reputation

run the car into the car wash!!
Old 07-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Registered member

kmcormick9 is infamous around these partskmcormick9 is infamous around these partskmcormick9 is infamous around these partskmcormick9 is infamous around these partskmcormick9 is infamous around these partskmcormick9 is infamous around these partskmcormick9 is infamous around these partskmcormick9 is infamous around these partskmcormick9 is infamous around these partskmcormick9 is infamous around these partskmcormick9 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by LamboTeg
well the insurance company was a bust i didnt have full coverage and they cant get involved,
Did they actually tell you this? Thats a pretty shitty insurance company.
Some guy knocked my bike over and took off and my insurance company went so far as to track the guy down and knock on his door, even though I only had liability.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:26 AM
Double Agent HT

I guess the car is paid off if you only have liability, otherwise your breaking your contract.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:15 PM
A.K.A Jebus

yea the car is paid off has been for a while, and that is state farm for ya

Quick Reply: A Little Legal Advice... Please