Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Lazer Quest on Research road

Old 06-14-2008, 07:37 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ninja11 has disabled reputation
Default Lazer Quest on Research road

So a little while ago a friend of mine and i were at McDonalds getting a milkshake and then we herd some sirens. then there were more sirens and more sirens...so we decided to see what was up. We walked across the street and saw 7 firetrucks and like 2 or 3 police. There was a bunch of smoke coming out of the front door of Lazer quest. anyway we decided that we didnt have anything better to do, so we watched. They ended up opening a bunch of the doors and then you could smell/see all of the smoke pouring out. It smelled like plastic burning or paint burning. Anyway from what we saw there is some sort of fire. We called channel 12 so maybe they will have some sort of coverage. i dont think its all gonna burn down just a bunch of damage on the inside.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:47 PM
EG Ferio Squad

Fonzzy has disabled reputation
Default Re: Lazer Quest on Research road

yea i saw those fire trucks goin there, two of them passed me on the way home from work
Old 06-14-2008, 08:11 PM
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute

I will reserve my whos got laser burned marshmellows comment for after confirmation that everyone got out ok.
Old 06-15-2008, 04:30 AM
Registered Member

banned_user is an unknown quantity at this point

just so you know, even low powered pulsed laser diodes cause permanent lasting eye damage, thing is, you cant feel the pain directly in the cornea, so you have no idea you're being hurt. even those shitty little keychain 5mw red pulsed lasers will do permanent damage. laser "tag" is a giant lawsuit waiting to happen imo, they prob make you sign 5 pages of waivers before you can even touch a damn laser.
Old 06-15-2008, 04:39 AM
JDM AS FAK

VTDr0p0ut has much to be proud ofVTDr0p0ut has much to be proud ofVTDr0p0ut has much to be proud ofVTDr0p0ut has much to be proud ofVTDr0p0ut has much to be proud ofVTDr0p0ut has much to be proud ofVTDr0p0ut has much to be proud ofVTDr0p0ut has much to be proud ofVTDr0p0ut has much to be proud ofVTDr0p0ut has much to be proud ofVTDr0p0ut has much to be proud of

Typical "Laser Tag" systems don't actually use lasers, it's just a focused IR beam, just like a TV remote. If you ever get bored with a PDA (or programmable remote), you can set to "learn" shoot the remote, then roll into a laser tag game dual-wielding

That being said, I'm fairly certain there may be "extreme laser tag" that uses actual lasers for distance/accuracy, but I'm going to venture to say those never make it into a commercial setting.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:01 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by VTDr0p0ut
Typical "Laser Tag" systems don't actually use lasers, it's just a focused IR beam, just like a TV remote. If you ever get bored with a PDA (or programmable remote), you can set to "learn" shoot the remote, then roll into a laser tag game dual-wielding

That being said, I'm fairly certain there may be "extreme laser tag" that uses actual lasers for distance/accuracy, but I'm going to venture to say those never make it into a commercial setting.
laser quest uses real lasers, as did "game zone"(in vb and 2 in richmond that lq bought out) before them. this isnt ir+focused colored/filtered light, this is actual laser diodes these retards are using.

If you're a lawyer, I can gather evidence if youre willing to cut me in a %, laserquest is pretty big in other countries, you could bleed them pretty bad.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:07 AM
JDM AS FAK

VTDr0p0ut has much to be proud ofVTDr0p0ut has much to be proud ofVTDr0p0ut has much to be proud ofVTDr0p0ut has much to be proud ofVTDr0p0ut has much to be proud ofVTDr0p0ut has much to be proud ofVTDr0p0ut has much to be proud ofVTDr0p0ut has much to be proud ofVTDr0p0ut has much to be proud ofVTDr0p0ut has much to be proud ofVTDr0p0ut has much to be proud of

/\ Wow..... that's awesome. I wish I was a lawyer... I'd be making cheese off that. "You'll shoot your eye out!"

That's crazy...
Old 06-15-2008, 05:19 AM
Registered Member

I take those keychained ones from kids and fucking smash them at the oceanfront. If I ever get into some shit over it Im gonna have a fuckin field day.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:05 AM
Registered Member

Ninja11 has disabled reputation

thats good to know i guess. there is no waiver...
Old 06-15-2008, 08:44 AM
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot

Originally Posted by banned_user
I take those keychained ones from kids and fucking smash them at the oceanfront. If I ever get into some shit over it Im gonna have a fuckin field day.
wow, did a laser touch you in a no-no spot when you were little?

Quick Reply: Lazer Quest on Research road