Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

I am so beyond pissed right now

Old 10-10-2003, 06:27 AM
Slow as Shit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow
Angry I am so beyond pissed right now

Jiffy Lube just suspended me for 1 week without pay over customer service scores at my store. The funny part is, it was my very first month as the manager and the scores were 4 behind. They reflected the previous Manager, not me. Granted my boss and his boss fought the VP of Lucor Inc being it was unfair because I just took the store over in September. They just taught me never to step up in a jacked up store. The store has a horrible reputation for blowing up motors, old managers stealing things, no profits, store was always a mess. However since September the sales doubled, ticket averages increased, and no damage claims. Oh well.....You win some and lose some.

The great news.I had no idea Universal needed a Manager to run the quick lane and thats EXACTLY what kinda work I am looking for with better pay(a decent salary and comission) and benefits.
Old 10-10-2003, 06:42 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

It's an opportunity that you would not have taken otherwise. Always a positive angle. You're moving in the right direction no matter who pushes you to get there.
Old 10-10-2003, 08:19 AM
boys are stupid

SEVENSEVENTYZ has disabled reputation

IMO: you should write a very professional letter to the P/VP who has suspended your pay describing the situation and your detailed plans to improve the situation of the store. Mention, professionally, how you are suffering the consequences of some else's inaccuracy.

Then if you get the other job, they wil be sorry to see you go and F them!
Old 10-10-2003, 08:28 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

They have already seen the increase in sales, the increase in ticket averages, and the decrease in damage claims. Writing a letter will just point out something he has already seen and he has been told by my District manager, and my Regional Manager. The two guys higher up on the echelon could not persuade him. They showed him my results, and still he suspended me. They will see the results come Monday when if all goes well I tell them my 2 weeks notice.

That shop has a 1+ years of bad service, blowing up motors, and criminal employees. I mean hell I still have no keys to the shop, no alarm code, been robbed already, compressor breaks often(which will shut me down being I can't operate) and that forces me to use my higher dollar bottled oil for cheaper services, airgun has broken 3 times, my sump pump is broken so my lower bay floods with water, and sometimes oil. If I stay there, I am liable to any EPA violation which I bust my ass to prevent. I have voiced my concerns, but haven't been heard.
Old 10-10-2003, 08:33 AM

93venomviper is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope you have a good week off.
Old 10-10-2003, 08:36 AM
Slow as Shit

If all goes well Monday I will. Right now it looks extremely promising. I expected to go into Universal as a lube Tech. But when He said He needed a Manager and can I do it, I was shocked at first, immediately said yes i can. Then looked at my buddy Chris(SVT tech who helped me) and the Manager told me to come back in Monday morning with my application filled out for my second interview.
Old 10-10-2003, 08:40 AM
www.anchor-room.com

UNCLEBENZ has disabled reputation

Suspending someone WITHOUT pay could be a legal nightmare......wonder if they know that?
Old 10-10-2003, 09:20 AM
boys are stupid

SEVENSEVENTYZ has disabled reputation

the papers would LOOOVE this
Old 10-10-2003, 11:00 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Common business practice when customer satisfaction ratings weigh heavily. Please re-read Phil's informative post. The two above him fought to keep him, to make an exception to the standing policy. VP was unwilling to make a solitary exception to his policy even though it adversely affected a good manager who was turning the store around. The next manager will benefit from Phil's positive customer satisfaction surveys.

A realistic world is not an idealistic one. Three people fought to change the policy but were unsuccessful. Private industry is not a democratic system. He has decided to explore his options, which is his right in a right-to-work society.

Instead of sitting at home complaining, Phil is taking the approach of using it as an opportunity to explore other options to further his career. Jiffy Lube helped him get shop management experience on his resume, showed a rapid promotion, now he is able to use that to his advantage in applying for a better job.
Old 10-10-2003, 12:20 PM
Slow as Shit

In fact the scores jumped from the 40's in August to the high 69% in september. So what does that say. I also am debating not giving them a 2 week notice being the company handbook states;
9.2 termination Policy
1 Resignment
a. Employees who plan to leave the employment of the company are requested to give 2 weeks notice of their termination date. This will facilitate the transfer of a replacement.

Now read Section D
d. The company reserves the right to terminate the employee upon notice of his or her resignment.

I rather not have a termination on my record or per any Management referance.