Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Hello VA! New to the area. Located in King George.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:33 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danronian has disabled reputation
Default Hello VA! New to the area. Located in King George.

Hello VA people!

My name is Dan and my current car is a 95 Civic VX.

I moved to King George, VA after living in Boyertown, PA (southeast PA) for most of my life. I've spent time living in Colombia, South America and Ocean City, MD. I moved here both for a job at a school that seemed like a nice place to work (and so far it is) and to live near water since I've grown up always liking to do boating/fishing. I did want to move near a "laid-back" drag strip and luckily I recently found out that there is one near me that I will attend weekly once I acquire my next car (if I decide to get a sporty one). Otherwise I'll probably still go there about monthly since I do like watching races even if I don't participate.

In PA I did acquire and sell a lot of car parts and a car for profit. Mostly through ebay and honda-tech.com. I've never scammed anyone but have dealt with some shady people who have tried to rip me off. I've been an active member on honda-tech.com, team-integra.net, tristatetuners.com, 3geez.com, and homemadeturbo.com for a number of years, as well as other Honda forums I don't remember, so forums aren't a new thing to me.

I didn't buy the car since it was great on gas, but because it was a great deal, is my favorite car color, and was worth more than the asking price.

In around March, I got rid of my old car, a 1995 Acura Integra LS, to go with something that wouldn't be as profiled by police (I am a very safe driver, but was given a bogus ticket last September that ended up costing me $800 in the end...), and less likely to be stolen.

The car was just painted when I got it, but the body work was not done very well. I am accustomed to doing body work, so I didn't really see this as a problem, since this car is only a daily driver, and the body work is something I can fix when the current work decided to bubble and fall apart. The car had 238k miles on it when I bought it, and I could tell it had a hard life before it came into my hands. The car has Bondo work in most of the panels of the body, the interior was partially painted yellow, it had the wrong seats installed in it, it had a small electrical problem (due to a wire that rubbed through going to the front corner light), and it smoked a little bit. Luckily, much of the suspension on the car was replaced before I bought it, and the very pricey wideband 02 sensor.

After owning and driving the car for about 2 months and 4k miles, I decided I was going to replace the motor with a non-smoking one, and also fix everything else wrong with the car, along with replacing the clutch for good measure.

The mods on the car when I got it, are the same ones on it today.
These include:
Stainless Apexi WS2 Exhaust (very quiet)
Short-ram intake and K&N Filter
Performance struts and adjustable coilovers
Antenna

Overall this is a great car, and I would like to get even better gas mileage out of it. So far my best combined is 45 mpg, but I have heard of many people getting over 50 mpg with these cars.

Here´s some pictures:

New car next to my old car:

The best picture I have of the finished outside and inside product:

Cleaning the engine bay and fixing the small wiring problem:

2nd day I owned the car:

The old motor out:
Old 09-01-2008, 09:34 AM
Registered Member

Default Re: Hello VA! New to the area. Located in King George.

Before this car I've owned the following:
95 Integra LS - owned for two years, sold for a profit after returning it to OEM condition

96 Integra SE - bought non-running, fixed, beat it through the winter, sold for $2k

89 Accord Lx-i

75 Malibu Classic - restored at home/show car/cruiser (left the domestic car scene due to gas prices and long drives to work and college)

Just landed my first post-college job and hoping to buy another car within this school year (yes, I'm a teacher). Not sure what I want yet. Between a few cars including a Honda s2000, Mazda Miata, few-year-old bmw roadster, Honda Del Sol, another Integra, older Mazda or Toyota pick-up, or a Jeep Wrangler. So yeah, really unsure of what I want right now and not sure what my money situation will look like in the future, so we'll see.

Last edited by Danronian; 09-01-2008 at 09:39 AM.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:04 PM
Fuckinitupagain

Strychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to behold

Welcome. What part of South America did you live in? I just came back from visiting Ecuador(Manta, Quito) and it was very nice.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:00 PM
Registered Member

I actually lived in Colombia the entire time I was there. I wanted to do more, but I was on a tight budget.

I plan to go back relatively soon since my girlfriend lives there when she isn't here visiting me.

I was in the city of Bucaramanga most of the time but spent time in San Gil and other cities in that region, I also spent time in Bogota (where I wouldn't mind living even though it's a cold spring temperature there all year round). Next time I go there I'd really like to explore Mendellin (Pablo Escobar's famous hometown) and more-so the beaches! There are amazing beaches along the Caribbean some of which you can camp-out on. Sounds like fun to me!
Old 09-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Ich liebe Bier

BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin

Bring any good coke?
Old 09-02-2008, 02:42 PM
Shift_N/a

Matt64246 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by mugenej8power
Bring any good coke?
lmao, I dont think you need it.....
Old 09-09-2008, 12:07 PM
Registered Member

KGVW2.0 KGVW2.0 KGVW2.0 KGVW2.0 KGVW2.0 KGVW2.0 KGVW2.0 KGVW2.0

TO THE OP: welcome to KG my friend, its growing fast but it looks like you have a nice spot in the woods if you have any hondas your trying to get rid of let me know or if you ever need a hand working on your cars me and the guys around here would be more then happy to lend a hand, theres quite a few of us in king george tha arent really feeling the fredericksburg scene and like to hang out and talk cars, the hatch looks nice that low you can get away with it on the roads around here, where in KG do you live ? If you havent figured it out yet there are GREAT back roads around here you can drive all day......Again welcome

Edit: Just noticed your a teaher, KGHS ?

Last edited by KGVW2.0; 09-09-2008 at 12:11 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:52 PM
where are my balls!?

Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger

Whats goin on? I'm not in King George but I'm close. Welcome to VA for what it's worth