Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Greetings from Alaska!

Old 09-09-2008, 06:34 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pumpkin head is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Greetings from Alaska!

Hey guys what's up? My name's James and I may be moving down to Mechanicsville at the end of the year if not then maybe spring-ish of 09.

I live in Anchorage, Alaska right now but have been giving it strong thought (moving I mean) I was born in Richmond actually but grew up here.
My brother goes to VCU and I spent some time down there during Christmas of 08. Since then I've been pondering the idea of going back and now am getting rather ansy about it.

Enough of that for now, onto the rides
Here's just a few pics of what I have.

2000 Focus ZX3 HKS boosted and built motor.
and my other lil fun mobile

2006.5 VW GTI 2.0T APR Tuned and Neuspeed intake. Pretty peppy lil car, can hold it's own with the 350Z pictured above (intake+exhaust)

Well, I'm very glad to have found an auto enthusiast site based in VA. I've been lurking for a little bit now but this forum is just massive compared to auto forums based out of AK (obviously haha) I'm hoping to learn a lot from you guys. Previous times I've been in VA I've had no real means of transportation so there were a lot of things I've missed out on. This time I'll have my baby with me and can do/go where ever I please.

I am just excited b/c Anchorage is nice and all but it's very limiting and you can't exactly drive anywhere. Moving to VA I've been dying to go to VA Beach and actually see all of Richmond. That, and having much more activities available during the night. (Yes, I'm a night owl heh) Even road trip the east coast and such.

I'll end it here for now. As before, I'm hoping to learn alot and meet people here. Talk to you guys later!
Old 09-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Registered member

DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus
Default Re: Greetings from Alaska!

Zetec? How much boost you running? Any dyno #'s?

Welcome btw
Old 09-09-2008, 07:07 PM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Hello and welcome!!!

This place is like a high school locker room, so don't take anything personally and you'll be a-ok.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:24 PM
Fuckinitupagain

Strychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to behold

Why the hell do you want to come to Mechanicsville? Seriously there's nothing fucking to do here.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:35 PM
Registered Member

Nismo804 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by pumpkin head
Hey guys what's up? My name's James and I may be moving down to Mechanicsville at the end of the year if not then maybe spring-ish of 09.

I live in Anchorage, Alaska right now but have been giving it strong thought (moving I mean) I was born in Richmond actually but grew up here.
My brother goes to VCU and I spent some time down there during Christmas of 08. Since then I've been pondering the idea of going back and now am getting rather ansy about it.

Enough of that for now, onto the rides
Here's just a few pics of what I have.

2000 Focus ZX3 HKS boosted and built motor.
and my other lil fun mobile

2006.5 VW GTI 2.0T APR Tuned and Neuspeed intake. Pretty peppy lil car, can hold it's own with the 350Z pictured above (intake+exhaust)

Well, I'm very glad to have found an auto enthusiast site based in VA. I've been lurking for a little bit now but this forum is just massive compared to auto forums based out of AK (obviously haha) I'm hoping to learn a lot from you guys. Previous times I've been in VA I've had no real means of transportation so there were a lot of things I've missed out on. This time I'll have my baby with me and can do/go where ever I please.

I am just excited b/c Anchorage is nice and all but it's very limiting and you can't exactly drive anywhere. Moving to VA I've been dying to go to VA Beach and actually see all of Richmond. That, and having much more activities available during the night. (Yes, I'm a night owl heh) Even road trip the east coast and such.

I'll end it here for now. As before, I'm hoping to learn alot and meet people here. Talk to you guys later!
welcome to the forum. There's a local VW enthusiast club in Richmond and I have a friend who's a fucking genius when it comes to working on them. Just hit me up when you come into town man.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:43 PM
(. )( .) & 8====>

Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin'

Originally Posted by Strychnine
Why the hell do you want to come to Mechanicsville? Seriously there's nothing fucking to do here.
maybe a change of scenery? snow, bears, and the northern lights can wear down on a man...

welcome. just follow the rules.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:47 PM
crème de la crème.

Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy

Welcome
Old 09-11-2008, 02:07 AM
Y U NO REP ME ?!?

Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L

Yo........ima go out on a limb here and say that your focus looks pretty nice
Old 09-11-2008, 04:17 AM
TSSSSSSSSSSS

MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos

Pics of palins daughter
Old 09-11-2008, 11:44 AM
Registered Member

pumpkin head is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DisturbedFocus
Zetec? How much boost you running? Any dyno #'s?

Welcome btw
Yep, 2.0L zetec. 21 lbs of boost on C16 puts down 462 to the wheels. Looking to take up the boost soon and add alky/meth or spray, not sure yet.

Originally Posted by Young L
Yo........ima go out on a limb here and say that your focus looks pretty nice
Thanks!