Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Failed emissions horribly

Old 07-01-2005, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SBZRO has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Failed emissions horribly

I had emissions due in June and failed the first time and I've been busy and out of town to get it done again. I have a 2003 Spec V with the header/exhaust combo and it eliminates one of two cats (the primary is gone).

Anyways, I'm looking for a place down here that doesnt do the sniffer test. I had the originial test done in Northern VA and failed miserably (i did a .98 when the limit is .52) but surprisingly passed the visual. I'm just looking for a shop that doesnt do the sniffer test or would look the other way when doing this test. Any help would be great!

Or if you would like to help me take off the header and exhaust I will pay you 30 or 40 bucks for your time and help.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:23 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam
Default Re: Failed emissions horribly

Just about anything South of Fredericksburg doesnt sniff. Take your pick.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:51 PM
TERMIN8

ThroatyStang has disabled reputation

Come to Chesterfield and get it done here.
Old 07-01-2005, 02:10 PM
Registered Member

jdmhonda is an unknown quantity at this point

For now none of the shops around here do a chemical emmissions test to my knowledge. It's visual. But it's mostly just a matter of time before they start doing it here.
Old 07-01-2005, 02:50 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

It is not required south of fredersickburg, hence kevins comment. No one here HAS to do it.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:22 PM

Any shop in particular that I should go to? A recommendation would be great. Thanks for the quick replies.

And do you think I can pass the visual down here. It was wierd when they did mine in Northern VA, the guy had to call three other workers to look at my car, thats when my heart started thumping quick. And when they did the sniff test, they all stopped what they were working on to watch my car for some odd reason.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:24 PM

Oh, and since I failed once, wouldnt that pull up the next time I go in or would it only pull up if I go to a place thats a nationwide chain?
Old 07-01-2005, 04:57 PM
Registered Member

zx12guy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SBZRO
Oh, and since I failed once, wouldnt that pull up the next time I go in or would it only pull up if I go to a place thats a nationwide chain?
We don't have emissions tests so there is nothing to pull up. Just go to some small/country service station and have them do an inspection.

Sidenote: If you have a rejection sticker most places won't inspect your car and you have to take it back to whomever rejected it. That or take off the sticker yourself.

Last edited by zx12guy; 07-01-2005 at 04:59 PM.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:41 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Any shop in particular that I should go to? A recommendation would be great. Thanks for the quick replies.

And do you think I can pass the visual down here. It was wierd when they did mine in Northern VA, the guy had to call three other workers to look at my car, thats when my heart started thumping quick. And when they did the sniff test, they all stopped what they were working on to watch my car for some odd reason.
You need to go back to school because you failed reading. Look at the several posts that said
There isnt any emissions tests done south of fredericksburg So that means no one down here will test you, or fix the issue to test you. Either fix it, go back to NoVa and re test or forget about it.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:43 PM
Slow as Shit

No. This is done for and by the STATE OF VIRGINIA, not the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Hell only NoVa does emissions right now. So going to a place like NTB/Merchants(nationwide) won't do anything if you are in there in Ohio being they don't have emissions nor safety inspections.

Quick Reply: Failed emissions horribly