Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

comcast internet...

Old 07-20-2006, 11:44 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
skott is an unknown quantity at this point
Default comcast internet...

was wondering if anyone else is having problems w/ their service? Seems that my other 7 neighbors are having the same damn issues. service dropping and reconnecting all the freagn time. So it makes up loading things to a friends file server a bitch, playing games, surfing and the infamous DL ish... "no i don't do all those at once" Makes it worse is we all have called the Co. and they come out and say everything checks out yet the probs. continue.

One guy that came here was such a dip shit... looks at our router and says heres the problem. Disconnects everything from it and leaves one PC hooked up... I look at him and litterly ask him. Are you fucking serious jack ass. If i wanted only one PC in the house to have service i wouldn't have all 5 in the house hooked up. He then replies well i don't know much about routers. WTF, and they have these ppl install shit. "end rant here before i get carried away again. "

Wondering if its just an isolated thing to our area or if its everyone?
Old 07-20-2006, 11:47 AM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok
Default Re: comcast internet...

They actually found that my stepmother was using a wireless router when she called them, and they told her she had to pay for service for each computer. LOL.

Anyway, no trouble here.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:57 AM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Originally Posted by The Wok
They actually found that my stepmother was using a wireless router when she called them, and they told her she had to pay for service for each computer. LOL.

Anyway, no trouble here.
Hahahahaha. I would have hung up on them.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:09 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Ha ha ha. I don't have any issues here and have both pc's on it.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:26 PM
Ivan=blown up ms6 x3

Spectacular-V has disabled reputation

I have issues all the time, Im kind or getting sick of it. We've had comcast people over to fix it about 4 times and just recently thought they had fixed everything right, but it still wants to disconnect and screw up randomly all the time.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:50 PM
Registered Member

IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN

I had great service from Comcast since they first offerred Internet service. That all ended in November of last year. The corrected several problems that occurred in November, December and January, but I started getting consistent packet loss problems in February. The problem was solved when I switched to FiOS last month. As soon as Verizon offers video, Comcast is history.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:36 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

I seem to have the fastest cable modem in the neighborhood.

You're not gonna find anyone at Comcast that knows what the hell they are doing, at least not the ones who will ever see daylight. The problem is that the neighborhood switch is resetting, not an individual connection. The tech needs to go to the switch and troubleshoot line noise there. He needs to check if someone is using a signal booster without a filter, then either bitch slap that person and/or correctly install line filters.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:08 PM
Registered Member

IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN

Originally Posted by Not Stock
I seem to have the fastest cable modem in the neighborhood.

You're not gonna find anyone at Comcast that knows what the hell they are doing, at least not the ones who will ever see daylight. The problem is that the neighborhood switch is resetting, not an individual connection. The tech needs to go to the switch and troubleshoot line noise there. He needs to check if someone is using a signal booster without a filter, then either bitch slap that person and/or correctly install line filters.
The first call tech can't do anything about the actual cause of the problem, they are only responsible from the modem to the tap...problems after that point have to be escalated to "Maintenance". At that point it falls into a black hole and nobody in the customer service dept can see the status of the call, so they tell you to wait a couple more days or schedule a tech to come to your house so that you are back at square one.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:24 PM
Desolation

Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch

The only time I experience this is with AIM.
All my other applications run fine, my AIM is constantly reconnecting.
I've tried with my wireless connection and being directly connected, same problem.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:29 PM
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

my shit sux I hate comcast..i am actually using my neighbors wireless network now with out him knowing

Quick Reply: comcast internet...