Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Any guys on here tune hondata?

Old 08-03-2005, 06:53 AM
Patron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune
Default Re: Any guys on here tune hondata?

ahh heck I will just post on here

On the first screen shot here..Im in the low speed ignition map. I know that the #'s represent total timing. My question is that to the far right of the map. The last 4 cell plots (10-b12) this is supposedly the boost map? Just wondering if so tuning will be real easy..lol

On the second screen shot
This is the high speed fuel map. What do these # values signify?

Basically thats all the software questions I had for now
Old 08-03-2005, 07:08 AM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

Yes Columns 10-B13 are the boost columns on the fuel and ignition maps. On the Hi cam map i'm not sure exactly what your asking, but that is the map that the ecu reads off of for after vtec engagement...and if you were asking exactly what the numbers themselves in the fuel maps signify, they are an arbitrary number that the ecu looks up to figure out how much fuel is needed. It calculates how long to keep the injector open by multiplying that number against correction multipliers from the engine sensors such as ECT, IAT, and TPS.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:24 AM
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

Originally Posted by sohc_mshue
Yes Columns 10-B13 are the boost columns on the fuel and ignition maps. On the Hi cam map i'm not sure exactly what your asking, but that is the map that the ecu reads off of for after vtec engagement...and if you were asking exactly what the numbers themselves in the fuel maps signify, they are an arbitrary number that the ecu looks up to figure out how much fuel is needed. It calculates how long to keep the injector open by multiplying that number against correction multipliers from the engine sensors such as ECT, IAT, and TPS.
Ahh you awnsered all my questions!
Thanks..btw do use the 2d and 3d modes at all? Not sure if uberdata has that. Also can I import/interface wideband data to the ecu
Old 08-03-2005, 07:32 AM
Patron

and what is mbar on the top axis of the map before the boost map kick in?
I know I can tune if I use like a ghost trace mode. But I would like to know what it means so I can come up with a theoritical map before I even begin.
Sorry for all the questions...I just got the stuff used so no instruction manuals
Old 08-03-2005, 12:50 PM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

I use 2d maps all the time to make sure the maps are nice and smooth and there aren't any lines crossing. The map numbers on the top row before the transition into boost are in in/hg and they are negative so its for when you are in vac.

To datalog through the ecu with the wideband you will need to connect an output from your wideband into pin d14 on the ecu harness.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:34 PM
Patron

Originally Posted by sohc_mshue
I use 2d maps all the time to make sure the maps are nice and smooth and there aren't any lines crossing. The map numbers on the top row before the transition into boost are in in/hg and they are negative so its for when you are in vac.

To datalog through the ecu with the wideband you will need to connect an output from your wideband into pin d14 on the ecu harness.
thanks again!
Old 08-03-2005, 03:26 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by chapter8
thanks again!
no problem