Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

$8/hr Thursday only -- framing, wiring, drilling, etc.

Old 05-02-2006, 03:54 AM
superuser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: $8/hr Thursday only -- framing, wiring, drilling, etc.

$8/hr for wiring, insulation work on Sunday (all day) if anyone is interested. Since the high temp is expected to only be about 70 degrees, should be a good day to get a lot done. Let me know by PM or e-mail.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:06 AM
Registered Member

duality has disabled reputation

richard, you always got some projects going on man!! good job. oh yeah... i may be doind a partial/gate fence on one side of the house... can i relook and get advice from ya on that?

steph
Old 05-02-2006, 12:18 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Lightbulb Re: $8/hr Thursday only -- framing, wiring, drilling, etc.

Originally Posted by duality
richard, you always got some projects going on man!! good job. oh yeah... i may be doind a partial/gate fence on one side of the house... can i relook and get advice from ya on that?

steph
Sure! Two people have already started building fences based on my design (one for the whole thing, another is just going on the fence hidden door idea). Jon is planning to build a deck off my next design. Still trying to figure out some designs with non-traditional materials. It's gonna be pretty cool.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:23 PM
superuser

Stephanie, I get 10% off at Home Depot and Lowe's if you need to get some supplies for your fence. Lemmie know if you need some help with building it, too! Can you send me a digital camera pic of the location and existing fencing?
Old 05-03-2006, 04:52 AM
Registered Member

duality has disabled reputation

will get that thursday... cnat tonight cause i have volleyball. the existing fence is chain link, but one side where the drive is was taken down to put up an addition. its only a 14 ft section.... i've drawn stuff up on paper... you think a 9' opening is large enought for most vehicles ('cept dullies)?
Old 05-03-2006, 01:32 PM
superuser

Yes, but I would suggest a removable pole support that would allow you to remove the fence in sections. Adds a little bit to the overall cost, but saves greatly if remodeling or landscaping requires larger trucks to get through. The fence on the left side of the house at the top of the driveway has a removable section to allow an opening a bit larger than 10' for a dump truck.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:51 PM
superuser

Thanks for the help today! Got a lot done, but still plenty left to do. Heading back up there in just a little bit to do some more Bob the Builder'ing.

If anyone has experience in raised platform slate terraces, please contact me.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:49 AM
superuser

Jon is heading over in half an hour. I've been up there for quite some time yesterday and today. Anyone wanting to help out come on over. Will probably be working until 7 or 8p tonight. Doing framing, wiring, and if time, installing a server rack into a newly created wall.