Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

$8/hr Thursday only -- framing, wiring, drilling, etc.

Old 04-11-2006, 10:18 AM
superuser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Lightbulb $8/hr Thursday only -- framing, wiring, drilling, etc.

$8/hr for Thursday only.
  • Custom framing for in-wall server cabinets in 1st, 3rd floors.
  • Running wiring on the 3rd floor.
  • Terminating wire (F-connectors, Cat5e) on 1st, 2nd, 3rd floors.
  • Move ceiling light boxes on the 3rd floor.
  • Drill thru foundation, install electrical boxes for exterior 50amp, 20amp.
  • Drill thru foundation, install sprinkler system rain cutoff switch.
  • Angle grinder to put in 18 gauge wire in driveway for underground pet fence.

Located off Woodman Rd near Henrico County Operations Center (1 mile south of I-295, 1 mile north of Parham Rd).

Contact via PM, AIM if you'd like to earn some loot that day. Probably working from 8a-10p. Might do a poker night get together afterwards if anyone is interested.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:43 AM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic
Default Re: $8/hr Thursday only -- framing, wiring, drilling, etc.

Well I WAS going to make it until I got the good news that I just told you about Rich I'll see what I can do about swinging by after that though.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:49 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Going to be installing insulation and some minor wiring of the 3rd floor tonight if anyone is interested. 7p-11p. $8/hr. Contact via IM or PM.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:03 PM
superuser

Piked up another $1000 worth of insulation and framing stuff. Working Friday night, too. Lemmie know if you want to come over. Thanks for everyone who has helped so far!
Old 04-28-2006, 05:46 PM
MR2D2

xbeakerx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Not Stock
Piked up another $1000 worth of insulation and framing stuff. Working Friday night, too. Lemmie know if you want to come over. Thanks for everyone who has helped so far!

did you still need my help doing the a/c for the 3rd floor...
Old 04-30-2006, 05:00 PM
superuser

Yeah, need some help with the duct sizing, if you don't mind. I can send you the info for the Goodman heat pump unit I am probably gonna get either this upcoming weekend or next in PA. Right now, I'm hanging out with some British stewardesses in Florida.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:14 PM
MR2D2

Yeah, need some help with the duct sizing, if you don't mind. I can send you the info for the Goodman heat pump unit I am probably gonna get either this upcoming weekend or next in PA. Right now, I'm hanging out with some British stewardesses in Florida.

if its a 1.5 ton then you will probably just go with 12' to 10' duct.
you only have 5 supply leads right? you will probably get a 14' return at about 20x20 grill
Old 05-01-2006, 02:37 PM
superuser

Lightbulb Re: $8/hr Thursday only -- framing, wiring, drilling, etc.

I'll see if I can get one of the renters to get me some accurate room measurements. The single room is about 3000 cubic foot with R30 insulation in the barn-style ceiling and R19 on the kneewalls. Room is approx 13'2" wide, 30' long on one side (not counting HVAC closet) and 37' long on the other side to account for the door. The 2nd floor HVAC is located in the HVAC closet, mounted horizontially from the top left to 3/4 of the way down in the diagram. There is a space reserved, lineset, plumbing, and power for a 3rd floor HVAC.

Figure the supply should run along the bottom side of the diagram, and the return trunk along the top side as all ducting for the 2nd floor drops from behind the kneewall located on the top of the diagram. Sorry it's not a great explanation, free beer every night at these conferences.

Code:
---=====================================
 H  |                                  |
 V  |                                  W
 A  |                           ====DDD=
 C  |                           |                            DDD = Door
    |                           |                            W = Window
---=============================
Old 05-01-2006, 03:27 PM
MR2D2

I'll see if I can get one of the renters to get me some accurate room measurements. The single room is about 3000 cubic foot with R30 insulation in the barn-style ceiling and R19 on the kneewalls. Room is approx 13'2" wide, 30' long on one side (not counting HVAC closet) and 37' long on the other side to account for the door. The 2nd floor HVAC is located in the HVAC closet, mounted horizontially from the top left to 3/4 of the way down in the diagram. There is a space reserved, lineset, plumbing, and power for a 3rd floor HVAC.

Figure the supply should run along the bottom side of the diagram, and the return trunk along the top side as all ducting for the 2nd floor drops from behind the kneewall located on the top of the diagram. Sorry it's not a great explanation, free beer every night at these conferences.

Code:
---=====================================
 H  |                                  |
 V  |                                  W
 A  |                           ====DDD=
 C  |                           |                            DDD = Door
    |                           |                            W = Window
---=============================

i will have to come over sometime and get a better look than i did last time. and you wont have to worry about the pipe and insulation cause i'll get that... i have a thousand questions so i'll just wait on a day that is good for the both of us... if anything i could come over tonight

Patrick
Old 05-02-2006, 03:49 AM
superuser

I'll be in Florida until Friday evening, then Maryland on Saturday. Will be back on Sunday if you'd like to stop on over anytime then.

Quick Reply: $8/hr Thursday only -- framing, wiring, drilling, etc.