Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Sonax vs. 100k miles of dusty Brembo pads. (56k)

Old 03-21-2010, 11:01 AM
#Trendy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio
Default Re: Sonax vs. 100k miles of dusty Brembo pads. (56k)

Originally Posted by Flite
It amazes me what kind of horrible car care people actually pay money for.

This. I would never take a car I cared about to my work place, let alone pay for it. Yet everyday hundreds of people bring their cars up there... hah
Old 03-21-2010, 08:05 PM
Registered Member

dirty1thirdee has disabled reputation

I've never used the stuff on my wheels either. Like I said we only use it on wheels that the black gunk WILL NOT come off of with other chemicals... You have to realize that people will complain if their wheels aren't spotless, but probably won't ask how they got that way... If it works, it works, from a business standpoint. And I work at Dave's Auto Spa. Car Pool and all the other high volume carwashes are the same way.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:20 AM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Originally Posted by dirty1thirdee
I've never used the stuff on my wheels either. Like I said we only use it on wheels that the black gunk WILL NOT come off of with other chemicals... You have to realize that people will complain if their wheels aren't spotless, but probably won't ask how they got that way... If it works, it works, from a business standpoint. And I work at Dave's Auto Spa. Car Pool and all the other high volume carwashes are the same way.
I think other cleaners aren't taking it off because you're not using them correctly, or not willing to make the investment. I used P21S on my HREs. When I bought the wheels they were horribly dirty. Even sanding wouldn't get the caked on black crap off. I tried everything because I knew I was refinishing them completely, so I didn't care about surface etching. The fact is, in the end, P21S was the only thing that would get the baked on brake dust off... and it's completely safe for wheel finishes.

The specialized products on the market cost more, but they really do work. Compared to stuff you buy at Pep Boys, your degreaser is no different. But compared to a high end product, it's dangerous. I don't care what you use on wheels, but don't try to pass it off as "just like Sonex". It's nowhere close.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:13 AM
Registered Member

dirty1thirdee has disabled reputation

I agree with you, like I said I wouldn't use the stuff on my wheels, but from the perspective of the owner of a high volume carwash, I can see why my boss doesn't use high end products. No one cares what you use to clean their cars, they just want them clean. If you told probably over 99% of our customers you were using SONEX to clean their wheels, they would have no idea what you were talking about. So it would be a waste of money. Besides, we've been out of degreaser for a few months... No one has cared enough to resupply. The all purpose cleaner we use on all of the wheels works just fine almost all of the time.