Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

small update on the 2- ALMOST DONE

Old 05-09-2009, 05:22 PM
Racetracks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: small update on the 2- ALMOST DONE

Originally Posted by b18b
Honestly I don't see how that intercooler can be efficient mounted like that even with the floors cut with puller fans. Radiating heat rise from the engine/exhaust plus upcoming summer rays keep the core toasty just by its visibility to direct sunlight driving or sitting. Even though the suggestion may be late but I would do a watercooler setup or twin side vent/duct intercooler.
It's pretty easy to counteract heat from the engine bay when the car is moving, and heating from the sun is really small compared to the amount of heat removed from the fans and ambient airflow. Yes, there are probably better locations, but that trunk location isn't nearly as bad as you're trying to make it sound.

My biggest fear with that setup is that the core isn't really in direct airflow and there isn't any ducting to direct airflow through it. Most of the airflow would probably come from the fans. This isn't like a WRX intercooler where there is a scoop and a direct flow path over the hood.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 05-09-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:29 PM
Registered member

BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake

i ran this setup on my prior turbo and it worked pretty damned well. if i find that its not operating that great its pretty simple to change flow. make a small scoop under the car out of sheet metal and reverse the fans direction. then it take air n scoops from under the car. only thing there is i have the exhaust.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:37 PM
Banned

R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King

looks slow

when you gona bring it out i want to see it run
Old 05-09-2009, 08:58 PM
NISSAN <3

JDM180SX JDM180SX JDM180SX JDM180SX JDM180SX JDM180SX JDM180SX JDM180SX JDM180SX JDM180SX JDM180SX

looks good!
Old 05-09-2009, 09:08 PM
Registered member

BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake

Originally Posted by jOOOOwan
looks slow

when you gona bring it out i want to see it run
haha

Partial throttle street tuning is gonna take place tomorrow most likely n then dyno tuning monday or tues.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:17 PM
da dragva kokopelli

mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz

i dont follow mr2 setups at all. they always have intrested me, but never see the power id like to come from them

so im assuming the trunks arent enclosed anymore when you trunk mount the intercooler??? thats what i was asking and didnt understand.

charles STFU. lol
Old 05-09-2009, 09:37 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by nagger
i dont follow mr2 setups at all. they always have intrested me, but never see the power id like to come from them

so im assuming the trunks arent enclosed anymore when you trunk mount the intercooler??? thats what i was asking and didnt understand.

charles STFU. lol
on my particular setup the ic and box its mounted in is still sealed off from the rest of the trunk. On the lower side i used caulk around the bottom and on the top on the lid i used weather stripping which presses against the edges of the ic and seals it.
that way water doesn't get all over the inside of the trunk nor does it fill with pressure, ait just goes straight through the ic only.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:11 PM
da dragva kokopelli

mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz

Originally Posted by Kurazy Kracka
on my particular setup the ic and box its mounted in is still sealed off from the rest of the trunk. On the lower side i used caulk around the bottom and on the top on the lid i used weather stripping which presses against the edges of the ic and seals it.
that way water doesn't get all over the inside of the trunk nor does it fill with pressure, ait just goes straight through the ic only.
yeah i was worried about whether or not you had to deal with lake in the trunk. haha
like i said earlier keep it up, cant wait to see it done.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:23 PM
Registered member

picked up the new intake. car is being a bitch on tuning and something is off somewhere.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:40 AM
TE37 Hoarder

slogsr@sage slogsr@sage slogsr@sage slogsr@sage slogsr@sage slogsr@sage slogsr@sage slogsr@sage slogsr@sage slogsr@sage slogsr@sage

Mike,

I am glad you made the call to Hendo to get it done there! I played with your car at the shop bbq but you never showed

Hendrick and Ryan at switch back can pretty much fab anything, and make it look great.

Quick Reply: small update on the 2- ALMOST DONE