Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Rusted FAD??????

Old 06-17-2009, 08:31 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lickety_briches is a jewel in the roughlickety_briches is a jewel in the roughlickety_briches is a jewel in the roughlickety_briches is a jewel in the roughlickety_briches is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Rusted FAD??????

i think its cool that theyre willing to take modding their cars to another level. anyone can throw some wheels on a car, but it takes some balls to rust it. and i think the e46 looks cool, and im sure its not his only hood.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:38 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by Letze
the feeling of opening doors or hoods on a car with those rust jobs makes me cringe...
Rofl, the one and only door handle on the car is painted... I don't guess it'd be too bad... I just expect to feel nice smooth paint when I shut a door... Not some rusted ass metal... I guess you could....wet sand it occassionally?
Old 06-17-2009, 08:58 PM
blang blang

j_archer j_archer j_archer j_archer j_archer j_archer j_archer j_archer j_archer j_archer j_archer

Originally Posted by SlowGhost

I call photoshop on this one.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:59 PM
Hey good lookin'

Misfit Misfit Misfit Misfit Misfit Misfit Misfit Misfit Misfit Misfit Misfit

I'm rusting my shit out.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:02 PM
my name is andy.

Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks

OP your late on this, rat rods have been doing it for years. It began as the barn yard rat rod find, then evolved as non-barn finds wanted the worn look, then vw's copied it like they do everything, then like 5 kids with bmw's did it.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:21 PM
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of

on all of them!!! and the vice grips are there cuz he knows he will need them SOON ....if they wanted to keep that look though, after it rusted like that, couldnt they just clearcoat it with the rust on there??
Old 06-17-2009, 11:19 PM
face is vanilla

Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face

the only reason any of them look good is because of good photography and editing skills. I bet you any picture of the rust fad that you find that looks good, looks like ass in person.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:04 AM
Registered Member

David S12 David S12 David S12 David S12 David S12 David S12 David S12 David S12 David S12 David S12 David S12

yay lets rust out our car... and then when we lean against the fender within like 5 months it will crumble inwards
Old 06-18-2009, 04:04 AM
This.isEntertainment

Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn

Originally Posted by David S12
yay lets rust out our car... and then when we lean against the fender within like 5 months it will crumble inwards
except it's just surface rust. it can easly be scotch brited and painted, or rusted again

Originally Posted by Anon
the only reason any of them look good is because of good photography and editing skills. I bet you any picture of the rust fad that you find that looks good, looks like ass in person.
believe it or not i saw the full rusted 5 series at southern worthersee in georgia, it looks just like the picture, i even think it looks better in person IMO

this arguement has been going on for a long while now. as it is just a fad alot of people in the aircooled vw scene do exactly like posted. they find a car in a field, or in a barn or wherever they find the car, throw an engine in it, slam it and call it a day. they say full restoration takes away its history.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:28 AM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

Originally Posted by Jus_dubin
believe it or not i saw the full rusted 5 series at southern worthersee in georgia, it looks just like the picture, i even think it looks better in person IMO
This is clearly a photoshop.

the EXIF data and doesn't match the levels

Someone took the photo then turned color saturation way up. It was not exposed like that from teh camera.

Quick Reply: Rusted FAD??????