Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Reintroducing myself and my Integra

Old 06-16-2012, 09:30 PM
Blue, I'm Seein It

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu
Default Re: Reintroducing myself and my Integra

Thanks. Yeah, I have no plans of ever parting ways with it, however. The only way I'm parting with this car is if it is in an accident that is completely irreparable. I'd like to keep it in the family after it's completed. I've had this car nearly 10 years, and it's been through quite a lot in it's history. At this point, getting rid of it is no longer an option. I may work on other projects in the future, but this one will always be in my stable.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:45 PM
Es furioso.

Kilo Lee Kilo Lee Kilo Lee Kilo Lee Kilo Lee Kilo Lee Kilo Lee Kilo Lee Kilo Lee Kilo Lee Kilo Lee

Not a fan at all of the headlights or wheels, but not too bad dude. Glad to see someone taking good care of a DA9.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:41 PM
Blue, I'm Seein It

imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu

Thanks. Why the negativity towards the headlights, if you don't mind me asking? The JDM 1pcs are pretty much par for the course when it comes to modifying a DA/DB.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:49 PM
Es furioso.

Kilo Lee Kilo Lee Kilo Lee Kilo Lee Kilo Lee Kilo Lee Kilo Lee Kilo Lee Kilo Lee Kilo Lee Kilo Lee

Originally Posted by imcnblu
Thanks. Why the negativity towards the headlights, if you don't mind me asking? The JDM 1pcs are pretty much par for the course when it comes to modifying a DA/DB.
Honestly, I've never been a fan of them. They just look.....cheap. Since they aren't clear like the 3-pcs, they always look oxidized and whatnot. They just make the car look trashy. IMO, I think the 3-pcs with orange/amber corners would be awesome with your paint color. A nice contrast, if you will. My bro wants the 1-pcs for his DA9, but I talk him out of it everytime, haha
Old 06-17-2012, 09:38 PM
Blue, I'm Seein It

Eh, when taken care of, the 1pcs look just as clear as the OEM 3 pcs. I'll be polishing mine up for the meet, so they should look as close to brand new as possible. When they are new, or superbly maintained, they look a lot better. I'll admit, most people let their lights go to hell and just let them oxidize, etc. and never do anything about them. Mine have just recently started showing signs of needing work in the last month or so. I'll be addressing them on a serious level some time this week.

I used to have the 3pc with amber corner setup a few years ago. Before I started getting serious into the car's appearance.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:43 PM
Es furioso.

Originally Posted by imcnblu
^^^Much better
Old 06-19-2012, 12:00 PM
Blue, I'm Seein It

I painted my spare valve cover wrinkle red to duplicate that Type-R look.
Here is a teaser:

difficult to see in the pic, as it was taken with my phone, but the wrinkle is near oem quality. I was rather nervous with the wrinkle paint, as the last time I used it, it came out terrible. This time, it came out great. The lighting in this pic is terrible, as it is nothing more than the overhead light from the oven. But, it is quite red in person. this lighting makes it look red/orange, but in person, in more natural light, it is a gorgeous shade of red.

Gonna let it cure for a day or so, then mask around and sand down the letters and polish them.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:03 PM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....

Lovin this DA.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:45 AM
Blue, I'm Seein It

Thanks

Btw, all done:
Old 06-20-2012, 09:55 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....

How confident are you that paint will stand up to the engine heat? i was going to get my valve cover powder coated, but I could probably save a lot by just painting it like that.

Quick Reply: Reintroducing myself and my Integra