Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Progress on my Camaro

Old 10-16-2010, 02:03 PM
ATGATT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike
Default Re: Progress on my Camaro

Originally Posted by TheNiteKid
i dont know i would still like to know what the differance is or, why its better or worse
Google says its basically an appearance package (wheels, spoiler, rings around the headlamps, some other things)
Old 10-16-2010, 02:26 PM
Registered Member

NismoPowerdQG has disabled reputation

dont take it to the track.. and if you do, do not use the launch control. me and a fellow 2010 camaro owner broke axels at the track. the drivetrain is trash. but i do love what your doing with yours!
Old 10-16-2010, 02:27 PM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Nice stuff.... I had an EE catch can on my old Z06 and my dad had one on his as well; very nice piece. My oly gripe is that sometimes it's hard to get the bottom of the can re-threaded correctly after emptying it.

For the silver Z06 I have CCA catch cans with have a petcock on the bottom.

That new gril looks 100x better.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:37 PM
RHD all day

TheNiteKid TheNiteKid TheNiteKid TheNiteKid TheNiteKid TheNiteKid TheNiteKid TheNiteKid TheNiteKid TheNiteKid TheNiteKid

Originally Posted by marlinspike
Google says its basically an appearance package (wheels, spoiler, rings around the headlamps, some other things)
on the new ones or old ones lol, or both haha im too lazy to google right now either way good find Sir!
Old 10-16-2010, 02:38 PM
ConflictedFelon

jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k

love that new grille, i + raped you.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:04 PM
Drives a Mustang

TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6

lookin good. that new grill really cleans up the look of the car
Old 10-16-2010, 04:48 PM
Bowtie Bound?? ;)

Nigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Jarrod
This is good Chris. BUTTTTT I knew you werent going to leave it alone.

I love it so far my friend. The family is trying to talk my mom into a new Camaro but an auto car.
Hahaha, Jarrod I thought I was going to leave it alone too. But after browsing the Camaro5 forums so much, and seeing all the nice mods they were coming out with the car, I couldnt resist. It's almost as bad as the onslaught of aftermarket pieces they make for the mustang. LOL.

Originally Posted by SortaFlush
Looking good, Chris.
Thanks bro!

Originally Posted by yanko 15
stupid question..
you said the "tune" would void the warranty on the car...

why wouldnt the exhuast void it??
The exhaust would void the "exhaust system" part of my 5 year, 100,000 mile powertrain warranty. I was originally on the fence about modifying this car, but after reading the Magnuson vs. Moss act, it really put in perspective what you can do to a car. Summed up, the Magnuson vs. Moss act states that a dealership can NOT void a warranty on a vehicle if the aftermarket equipment has no relation to the damage caused to the vehicle. And if they DO try to void the warranty, they must have undeniable proof that whatever you installed on the car caused failure. For example, if I had a TVS 2300 supercharger on my Camaro, and I took the car into the dealership because my power windows and heated seats stopped working, they cant "void my warranty" just because the supercharger is on there. However, if I took my car into the dealership, and said my engine is blown, and I had installed and tuned a CAI, Longtube headers, and full exhaust, they could void the warranty on the spot.

So wait..it says SS/RS inside of it. I thought the RS was a V6?
Yes. Super Sport/Rally Sport. The 5th Generation Camaro's version of the "RS" is the HID "Halo" headlights, slightly tinted tailights, "Midnight silver" finish 20'' wheels, and body color roof ditch molding (meaning the roof molding between the door and roof is the same color as the car). It is not a performance package, just for looks only. It IS definitely worth the 1200$ though. Whenever I see another 5th Gen on the road with halogen headlights, I cringe.

Originally Posted by TheNiteKid
back in the day like 67-69 (i think) you could get an ss/rs ive seen it before but what is the differance ?
Back in the 67+ era, the Camaro was an RS/SS, and that package was more of a performance package. The 5th Gen Camaro RS package is 100% asthetics.

As long as he has all the O2 sensors etc., it's hard for them to claim the exhaust caused any damage to the car. It wouldn't be that much of a stretch for them to say "your engine blew because you changed the fuel map" though. There is, of course, no factory warranty on the parts of the exhaust he changed out.
I still have the factory exhaust, but the only thing they could void out is my factory exhaust warranty.

I was just curious because I saw one of the new Camaros on the road and it said RS on the back. It hauled too much ass for the V6 camaro, and I was thinking maybe this explains it.
Yea, the V6 Camaro has a suprising 312 Bhp. Too bad these things are tanks on wheels

Originally Posted by NismoPowerdQG
dont take it to the track.. and if you do, do not use the launch control. me and a fellow 2010 camaro owner broke axels at the track. the drivetrain is trash. but i do love what your doing with yours!
I've read all about that! The only thing I do is turn traction control and stabilitrak "off". I wil NEVER do launch control, and it will never see track duty. I thought about it a couple of times, but I love just driving around the city.

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Nice stuff.... I had an EE catch can on my old Z06 and my dad had one on his as well; very nice piece. My oly gripe is that sometimes it's hard to get the bottom of the can re-threaded correctly after emptying it.

For the silver Z06 I have CCA catch cans with have a petcock on the bottom.

That new gril looks 100x better.
Thanks Brian! Sometimes it is hard to re-thread, but the Mike Norris unit I had before leaked horribly at the bottom where the petcock was.

Originally Posted by TransAmWS6
lookin good. that new grill really cleans up the look of the car
Thanks! The only gripe I had was that you have to take the whole front bumper off to take the grill out. And in order to take the front bumper off you got to loosen a whole bunch of hardware in the fenderwells. Other than that, it was definitely worth the 250$, haha.

Originally Posted by jarrett2k
love that new grille, i + raped you.
Thank you sir!
Old 10-16-2010, 10:24 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Good shit Chris. You still over there in the sandbox. for protecting and serving us.

I'd like a ride in it. I haven't ridden in one yet
Old 10-17-2010, 08:02 AM
Bowtie Bound?? ;)

Nigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the rough

Nah, I came back from Iraq late July. Probably wont be going back out on deployment for a little while. And if I do, it will be to Afghanistan this time. Ima shoot you my number just hit me up and I got you!
Old 10-18-2010, 11:19 AM
WHITE TRASH

SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR

Still no front plate...

I don't think I could keep from modding that car if I had one with a warranty. The after market is growing very fast with lots of good stuff.

Quick Reply: Progress on my Camaro