Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Progress on my Camaro

Old 10-16-2010, 10:42 AM
Bowtie Bound?? ;)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the rough
Default Progress on my Camaro

I seldomly post on here, but my car has undergone a few changes since I last made a thread after purchasing it back in May. Well here we go :

My first few mods were simple ones like SS Embroidered floor mats, and LED lights for the trunk light, dome light, license plate light, and Daytime running lights :

After doing a little research, I realized that the LS motors are notorious for a PCV system that results in a lot of oil buildup/deposits in the intake system/ intake manifold. My car currently has almost 5,000 miles on it, so I wanted to prevent excessive oil buildup early to increase the longevity of the LS3. I went with an Oil catch can from Elite Engineering, a company that is reputable for making great oil catch can systems for Corvettes, and other vehicles as well.

As you can see here, I previously had installed a catch can from Mike Norris motorsports, but did not like the design. It was a universal unit that could be used on many different LS engines, and I wanted a specific design. Here is the installed Elite Engineering unit :

I also decided to install a catback exhaust system from Solo Performance. This is exhaust system is not obnoxiously loud, and is one of the "Quieter" exhaust systems on the market for the 2010 Camaro SS. It has no drone at 70 mph, but it aggressive when you apply the throttle. Perfect for daily driving IMO :

Old 10-16-2010, 10:46 AM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin
Default Re: Progress on my Camaro

Old 10-16-2010, 10:47 AM
wait, what?

coryface coryface coryface coryface coryface coryface coryface coryface coryface coryface coryface

pretty.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:48 AM
Bowtie Bound?? ;)

Nigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the rough

Here are more pictures of the Factory exhaust and muffler system. Horrible :

I love the look of the car, but I really never liked the idea of having an "Egg crate" front grille, and big gold "Silverado" style bowtie on the front. So I ditched the front grille for a GM heritage grille. I also installed a front air splitter by Showstopper accessories :

My most recent modification was a Cold air intake from Roto-Fab. This intake design is a "no tune" intake, but if tuned, there are gains up to about 12-15 dyno proven rwhp on the LS3. I do not plan on tuning my intake system, because I do not want to void my warranty at this time :

Old 10-16-2010, 10:51 AM
rubbin' & dubbin'

U.Mad? has disabled reputation
Thumbs up Re: Progress on my Camaro

Sick man, any plans for going lower? Car looks amazing how it is though. When I graduate I will defiently own either a new Camero or new GT-R

Keep up the good work
Old 10-16-2010, 10:55 AM
Bowtie Bound?? ;)

Originally Posted by Kris.Is.Foamin
Thanks!

Originally Posted by coryface
pretty.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by U.Mad?
Sick man, any plans for going lower? Car looks amazing how it is though. When I graduate I will defiently own either a new Camero or new GT-R

Keep up the good work
I do want to go lower honestly. Not sure how I feel about doing it with 5,000 miles on the car yet though. I definitely would want a coilover system. I want to do everything right the first time on this car. Thanks!
Old 10-16-2010, 10:56 AM
C.R.E.A.M

DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM

nice car, plus you spelled camaro correct .. car needs garage
Old 10-16-2010, 10:57 AM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

Looks good!
Old 10-16-2010, 11:00 AM
Bowtie Bound?? ;)

Originally Posted by DOOM
nice car, plus you spelled camaro correct .. car needs garage
Haha, you would be amazed at how many people own a 5th Gen and don't spell the name of their own car correct. But Camaro5.com forums are awesome, no one really "beefs" up there, and theres lots of knowledge to be had browsing. Im suprised that they just recently came out with a "5th Generation Camaro only" magazine on the shelves now. Garage is the next step!

Originally Posted by shawn22
Looks good!
Thanks!
Old 10-16-2010, 11:01 AM
Derp Status

MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow

shit will be tits if lowered

Quick Reply: Progress on my Camaro