Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Picked up a 2012 M3... (renamed)

Old 03-08-2013, 04:54 AM
A.K.A Jebus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo
Default Re: Picked up a new ride...

Are you in Charleston? Thinking about relocating down that way in a few years.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:19 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Nice M3. That thing will conquer all after the engine swap. Wait, wrong thread. Sorry.

Originally Posted by Scotty_Nooo
Do some research on what you're looking for in a place to live. We just moved away from there in January and couldn't be happier. I guess it depends what you're into, but it's actually a fairly small population center and a lot of things are missing because of that. Some people really like the area, but we never felt like it offered what we wanted. Good place to retire though, especially if you like boating or saltwater fishing or going to the beach. There is really no car modification culture there at all unless you like donks or lifted pickups; it's really more of a boating area than a car area. It's divided into a areas that are very, very different (Mount Pleasant, West Ashley, North Charleston, downtown, etc) so get a good feel for the general area before you commit to living in a particular section of town. If your significant other likes a particular store like ...say... Macy's, you'll have to drive to Savannah or Charlotte. There aren't any good malls anywhere in that area of the state... Same with pho. Savannah or Charlotte.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 03-08-2013 at 05:26 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:05 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by PTAD1
I'm guessing the Joneses down the street just bought a new BMW as well?

JK. Nice purchase, although what you mentioned with the radio thing, I hate the weird electrical quirks BMW's have, esp. The newer ones, I've detailed a few late models and they were mind-boggling, how you have to go through an array of menus just to change the radio station, then it's a trendy looking radio looking thing on the screen. (BMW 528i in particular)
you're probably referring to idrive. some people hate it, but i think it's been vastly improved since the last generation.

Originally Posted by Yep4doors
Probably because it was homosexual.

Just because I'm curious now, is this a 6 speed manual or auto? Also, twin turbo or not, IIRC all 335i's are.
all 335i's are turbocharged. the n54 in the ~2011 and below (might be 2012, can't remember) is twin turbo. the n55 in 11-12 my and up is single turbo. almost identical performance from the factory, but supposedly better fuel efficiency or something. the 335is still has the n54 though i do believe...

57k???? that's unreal. it must have every option imaginable.

this coming from a guy with a 335i.

i'm not familiar with the f30, i have an e92. the only thing i can really complain about is the hpfp issue, which is 'theoretically' fixed. i think the n55s are still affected but by now i hope they've figured that shit out. it never really impacted me but i've heard horror stories. otherwise, i've got an issue with my tail light that i think has to do with the headlight switch, but that's the only electrical issue i've come across.

great car, but like i said it was waaaaay overpriced off the lot. what you paid is pretty good, though.

would have been a lot better if it was manual- although i understand the difficulty in which it is to find one. especially the sedans.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:13 AM
A.K.A Jebus

Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo

Originally Posted by Fabrik8

Do some research on what you're looking for in a place to live. We just moved away from there in January and couldn't be happier. I guess it depends what you're into, but it's actually a fairly small population center and a lot of things are missing because of that. Some people really like the area, but we never felt like it offered what we wanted. Good place to retire though, especially if you like boating or saltwater fishing or going to the beach. There is really no car modification culture there at all unless you like donks or lifted pickups; it's really more of a boating area than a car area. It's divided into a areas that are very, very different (Mount Pleasant, West Ashley, North Charleston, downtown, etc) so get a good feel for the general area before you commit to living in a particular section of town. If your significant other likes a particular store like ...say... Macy's, you'll have to drive to Savannah or Charlotte. There aren't any good malls anywhere in that area of the state... Same with pho. Savannah or Charlotte.
Thanks for the info, we're looking at the Charleston / Summerville area, puts me right near Goose Creek. She has family down that way and I love the food and the shore.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:16 AM
Registered Member

djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck

Originally Posted by Scotty_Nooo
No. My mother and sister live there (MT Pleasant). It is a VERY nice place. There are few chain restaurants, shops, etc. They are almost all locally owned. The economy there is excellent and the ghetto, for the most part, is pushed out to North Charleston, which is borderline war-zone. Downtown is very upper-class for the most part. There is a healthy life-style and people are uber patriotic. Real estate, however, is not inexpensive like the rest of the south.

Originally Posted by Mau5head
so glad you got rid of the brostang, I like this a lot.
Thanks much!
Old 03-08-2013, 06:18 AM
Registered Member

Nice M3. That thing will conquer all after the engine swap. Wait, wrong thread. Sorry.
I seriously almost named it a 2012 M3 thread. FML, I should have. I deserve any neg rep.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:21 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by djyuck
I seriously almost named it a 2012 M3 thread.
Better?

Last edited by Fabrik8; 03-08-2013 at 06:28 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:52 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by blackout
you're probably referring to idrive. some people hate it, but i think it's been vastly improved since the last generation.

all 335i's are turbocharged. the n54 in the ~2011 and below (might be 2012, can't remember) is twin turbo. the n55 in 11-12 my and up is single turbo. almost identical performance from the factory, but supposedly better fuel efficiency or something. the 335is still has the n54 though i do believe...

57k???? that's unreal. it must have every option imaginable.

this coming from a guy with a 335i.

i'm not familiar with the f30, i have an e92. the only thing i can really complain about is the hpfp issue, which is 'theoretically' fixed. i think the n55s are still affected but by now i hope they've figured that shit out. it never really impacted me but i've heard horror stories. otherwise, i've got an issue with my tail light that i think has to do with the headlight switch, but that's the only electrical issue i've come across.

great car, but like i said it was waaaaay overpriced off the lot. what you paid is pretty good, though.

would have been a lot better if it was manual- although i understand the difficulty in which it is to find one. especially the sedans.
I fucking love iDrive... it is incredibly advanced and intuitive. I could see old people hating it, though.

Yeah, it does have most options:

Premium package
Technology Package
Sport Package
Parking Package
Cold Weather Package
HK sound system (Which is unreal for a factory option)
Side and Rear Sunshades
Sport Trans w/ paddles
Smartphone integration
BMW Apps
Run-Flat Tires

It is missing the lane departure/blind spot warning and self parking options

Yeah, supposively they corrected the HPFP issue, which seemed to stem from ethanol in the gas. I only use ethanol free gas, so I don't really worry about it. Link to your car?
Old 03-08-2013, 06:55 AM
Registered Member

Better?
*Thanks for adding reputation to this user*
Old 03-08-2013, 07:34 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by djyuck
I fucking love iDrive... it is incredibly advanced and intuitive. I could see old people hating it, though.

Yeah, it does have most options:

Premium package
Technology Package
Sport Package
Parking Package
Cold Weather Package
HK sound system (Which is unreal for a factory option)
Side and Rear Sunshades
Sport Trans w/ paddles
Smartphone integration
BMW Apps
Run-Flat Tires

It is missing the lane departure/blind spot warning and self parking options

Yeah, supposively they corrected the HPFP issue, which seemed to stem from ethanol in the gas. I only use ethanol free gas, so I don't really worry about it. Link to your car?
here's a thread i started after putting some wheels on- which i might add are pretty much terrible wheels. i think they look good (subjective, and not the finish i wanted...), but so far i've confirmed a hairline crack in the right front and a suspected crack in the right rear. probably caused by potholes, but still.

https://www.vadriven.com/forums/auto...2-335i-452850/

Quick Reply: Picked up a 2012 M3... (renamed)