Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Jstanthr 240 build thread.

Old 07-14-2011, 01:42 AM
Slammedxpert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush
Default Jstanthr 240 build thread.

A few of you guys know me locally, a lot knew me by my old S2000.

Well, I decided that it was best I got rid of the S2000. Was constantly getting pulled over because I modified the car (lowered, exhaust, no front tag, tint, ect) and kept getting pulled over as well as a few other tickets. I figured it would be the mature thing to do at this time and age to move on. I ended up buying a diesel truck as my daily and can't have a truck without a track car! My friend Andrew took me out to Driftwater 9 last year and I was hooked. I wanted to build a 240. After I sold the S2000, I got a stock EG four door...turbocharged it within a week and asked my self what was I thinking. I traded that to some douchebag kid from North Carolina who got over on me, for a wrecked 240. I parted it out, cut my losses and found this new S13 for $450.00 non running with a DOHC KA.

Upon delivery of the new S13, I started ordering parts and collecting parts. I didn't really get to touch the car until the very end of February 2011 and I just "finished" it End of May 2011 because I really wanted to make Driftwater 11. This is my first ever drift car and actual car I have built outside of a Honda and was amazed at how simple everything was, I def thought I was in for something major. A car is a car I suppose though. Same principle just different nuts and bolts. Here are some of the pictures I did take while building;

Pre-purchase:

To my shop it goes:

Prepping the bay for rattle can:

(yes overspray was cleaned and all the other parts were replaced)

Gathering parts:

Old 07-14-2011, 01:44 AM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush
Default Re: Jstanthr 240 build thread.

Install progress:

I made a "gauge pod" for the prosports

Pretty much done and ready to test at Driftwater:

All in all, I am glad I built a track car. It is not registered, nor will it be. Over the whole street scene, plus I am almost done building my bobber as well so I will make a thread for that soon too. Car is not a show car or anything of the like, it is just meant to be used and abused. I had a lot of fun at my first drift event. Did a lot better than I thought I would, was shy on track the first half of the day then got pretty comfortable on the second half. Can't wait for the next one, should have my inner and outer tie rods on by then as well.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:00 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

that's cool and all, but seriously... where's the hood? you went through the time to put on a body kit that will likely get destroyed, but neglected the hood.

other than that misunderstanding, looks like fun.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:07 AM
Slammedxpert

Originally Posted by blackout
that's cool and all, but seriously... where's the hood? you went through the time to put on a body kit that will likely get destroyed, but neglected the hood.

other than that misunderstanding, looks like fun.
Hood is on it. Was just off most of the pictures because with the hood off made it a lot easier to work on, when I loaded it onto the trailer I timed it once up there haha. So, don't worry. It has a hood and the body kit was basically free. I know it's going to get destroyed, I love seeing fiberglass kits explode. ha.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:19 AM
3D Wheel Designer

5 speed auto 5 speed auto 5 speed auto 5 speed auto 5 speed auto 5 speed auto 5 speed auto 5 speed auto 5 speed auto 5 speed auto 5 speed auto

Nice project!
Old 07-14-2011, 04:29 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....

Very nice. It's a shame that a bullshit-ass state like VA would force someone to get rid of such a gorgeous s2000. I am BEYOND glad I do not live in that fuckhole anymore. Very nice 240 build.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:36 AM
low&slow

slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo

great build!

hopefully i can ever make it out to a driftwater event.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:51 AM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

very nice mike (its grant) still have yet to see your car, deff will see it on the 11th
Old 07-14-2011, 08:37 AM
Slammedxpert

Originally Posted by Donkey Punch
very nice mike (its grant) still have yet to see your car, deff will see it on the 11th

Thanks everybody, it's a fun car for sure.

Grant-Driftwater is the 21st bud. You can hollar anytime, I should be done with the bobber soon, even though you have a ruckus I'll still roll with you haha.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:42 AM
Classified Moderator

Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby

Very Nice.

Quick Reply: Jstanthr 240 build thread.