Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

I know there aren't many audi fans on here but I just bought a '00 S4

Old 04-18-2009, 01:45 PM
'08 135i & '00 S4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
audiS4_apr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I know there aren't many audi fans on here but I just bought a '00 S4

My new clutch came in the mail Thursday. I'm pretty sure it won't slip.

Old 04-18-2009, 01:52 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey
Default Re: I know there aren't many audi fans on here but I just bought a '00 S4

Nice clutch. I wanted a multiplate setup for my STi, but I just couldn't justify the cost of the triple plate setups.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:02 PM
'08 135i & '00 S4

Originally Posted by Corey
Nice clutch. I wanted a multiplate setup for my STi, but I just couldn't justify the cost of the triple plate setups.
Yea, I can definitely understand that. I hope this clutch will hold up to drag strip runs and race gas tuning.. and save me labor of replacing worn or damaged clutches.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:06 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Originally Posted by audiS4_apr
Yea, I can definitely understand that. I hope this clutch will hold up to drag strip runs and race gas tuning.. and save me labor of replacing worn or damaged clutches.
How much torque are you expecting? I hear the rebuilds can be costly and can come often. That's also something that made me shy away. Fuck rebuilding a $4k clutch.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:58 PM
'08 135i & '00 S4

How much torque are you expecting? I hear the rebuilds can be costly and can come often. That's also something that made me shy away. Fuck rebuilding a $4k clutch.
Guys with similar turbo setup are seeing close to 500wtq on 93 octane. I'll have to wait and see how often it needs rebuilt. I believe they said this clutch is good for 950 ft-lb.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:40 AM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Guys with similar turbo setup are seeing close to 500wtq on 93 octane. I'll have to wait and see how often it needs rebuilt. I believe they said this clutch is good for 950 ft-lb.
I'm hoping to put close to 500wtq on 93 as well. When I was shopping clutches, I didn't see a multiplate setup from Clutch Masters for the STi. I just checked their page again and still don't see one. I don't like that their page doesn't list torque ratings. How should one know what they need/want?
Old 04-19-2009, 10:59 AM
'08 135i & '00 S4

I'm hoping to put close to 500wtq on 93 as well. When I was shopping clutches, I didn't see a multiplate setup from Clutch Masters for the STi. I just checked their page again and still don't see one. I don't like that their page doesn't list torque ratings. How should one know what they need/want?

Yea, their website isn't the best. They don't even list the clutch I have yet, that I know of. The shop I bought it from loaned them a S4 engine/tranny recently for them to template and make one. You might want to check on STi forums. I'm sure someone already installled one if clutchmasters makes it, or knows how much various clutches can handle, etc.

Here's exedy clutch for STi, up to 2007.
http://www.scoobytuner.com/products/...&productID=737

Last edited by audiS4_apr; 04-19-2009 at 11:06 AM.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:18 AM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Yea, their website isn't the best. They don't even list the clutch I have yet, that I know of. The shop I bought it from loaned them a S4 engine/tranny recently for them to template and make one. You might want to check on STi forums. I'm sure someone already installled one if clutchmasters makes it, or knows how much various clutches can handle, etc.

Here's exedy clutch for STi, up to 2007.
http://www.scoobytuner.com/products/...&productID=737
Yeah, the Exedys are known for not holding their claimed torque level and for wearing very early. They make the factory clutch for the STi and it holds very well. I was planning on trying that twin disk, but read many negative reviews.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:08 PM
Audi Fan

keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz

Lovely car buddy, look forward to seeing it around town!
Old 04-19-2009, 03:16 PM
'08 135i & '00 S4

Originally Posted by keefboz
Lovely car buddy, look forward to seeing it around town!

Thanks!

Quick Reply: I know there aren't many audi fans on here but I just bought a '00 S4