Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Honda Civic DX ideas.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:54 PM
Racetracks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Honda Civic DX ideas.

Actually, hood scoops are pretty useless no matter what. If you're having problems keeping an engine cool, you're much better off getting a bigger radiator than trying to keep it cool with the small surface area of the engine block. Unless of course you have an air cooled engine.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:08 PM
misunderstood.

s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin

Originally Posted by Justinm91
Even more than outer work, inner work is something I want to do. I want to make sure it has a good speaker system. Music is my life. Always has been, always will be. I just don't want to 'overdo' anything and make it cheesy. (In example, pimp my ride status is WAY over-doing usually.)

As far as muscle cars having a classic look... yeah, they're muscle cars. I don't think it was ever a 'thing' to beef up the plastic (body kits, etc) on those. Honda civics and cars of that sort are more used for such work.

What I'm thinking now is just getting it running and just getting through college. Put the civic in a gaage, get a second car, and just give myself time to think and really gett the money to plan and KNOW what to do. For now, I think I'll just get it running and do more research on the current scene... and the future scene, just to be safe, and see if my band falls through. If not, hell, some of the artwork we''ve got for it might be sweet on the car, just dunno..
Well it sounds to me like you want to go the pimp my ride status, or pretty close to it. Your last paragraph has made the most since so far out of your posts. Stick with that, and don't waste your money on dumb shit you're going to regret.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:09 PM
OCD
miata fag

OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD

not sure why, but I keep thinking bosozuku when I think about this thread.

Old 03-11-2010, 04:47 PM
Registered Member

Justinm91 has disabled reputation

ocd, if I might ask... WTF in the name of God are THOSE?!

(And BTW. Pimp my ride does stupid shit. "I heard you like driving so I put a car in your car so you ca drive while you drive" (I still find that quote fucking hilarious.) I don't want to do any random stupid shit. Just get it looking (and sounding) nice. I think I am going to wait though. Might still get the body kit, since it''s so cheap, but before I do anything, I am going to get pics and shit of it for ya'll's opinion.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:53 PM
Registered Member

sea6speed sea6speed sea6speed sea6speed sea6speed sea6speed sea6speed

Look at it this way. It'll be good practice as long as you don't put yourself in debt to do it.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:00 PM
misunderstood.

s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin

Originally Posted by sea6speed
Look at it this way. It'll be good practice as long as you don't put yourself in debt to do it.
Disagree. If you read the thread, he stated he was trying to get through college. Trying to pay for college, and mod a car (tastefully,) would be pretty tough unless OP has a decent job. All the shit he's talking about doing though I think he'll regret and spend a lot of stupid money. Just my .02 cents, OP can do what he wants though.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:14 PM
Registered Member

sea6speed sea6speed sea6speed sea6speed sea6speed sea6speed sea6speed

I'll agree that friends of mine that tried to restore or mod cars in college needed some 'extra support' and a forgiving major to do so.

But we're talking about a 92 civic here - you can improve that with the money you don't spend on beer the nights you're working on the car.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:17 PM
OCD
miata fag

OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD

Originally Posted by Justinm91
ocd, if I might ask... WTF in the name of God are THOSE?!
It's a japanese trend called Bosozuku style("violent running tribe", mostly japanese bikes) , just people trying to be different and people started copying it, I think. Point is, they stand out...but not for the right reasons.

Last edited by OCD; 03-11-2010 at 07:17 PM. Reason: quoted
Old 03-11-2010, 07:23 PM
Registered Member

Justinm91 has disabled reputation

Yeah. I think I'll save modding it til after college or til I get a full time job. Still going to look at the kit just to see how it looks, and get back to you guys.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:35 PM
SG

C16EFSedan has disabled reputation

Insert dick into vise.
Clamp down.

Fucking win.