Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

5th Camaro unveiling.......plus 3 super rare Camaros....

Old 05-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dash Fieldpaint is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 5th Camaro unveiling.......plus 3 super rare Camaros....

Nice. I can't wait to see the 2011 Firebird.

Oh yeah... nevermind
Old 05-03-2009, 11:04 AM
<----BigBake

LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative

Originally Posted by bonestock94
Sad thing is the V8 Camaro isn't THAT much faster because it weighs several hundred pounds more. Writers have also been raving about the updated mustang's handling with the track pack, a couple have said its the best steering feel they've experienced in a domestic. I wanna say jalopnik and motor trend.
Isn't that much faster? Lol.......you are an idiot. Faster is faster, period. GM gave Ford the big fuck you with their V6 in this Camaro.....it has more HP than the Mustang GT.
Originally Posted by Muncher
Iv seen the car in person, sat in it, ect. Its huge.
Huge compared to what? Your Hyundai?
Originally Posted by Flite
Hendrick edition?
I wish.
Originally Posted by Nigerian Hair
FWIW :

You are talking to domestic guys that are used to cars that are "normal" size for "normal" americans. When I sit in import cars, even though im not tall by any means, it feels cramped and small. So you might sit in your subaru,and think it has decent room, I might sit in it,and think its small. Its all perception and preference.
/discussion on size
Old 05-03-2009, 11:15 AM
Registered member

catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh

Steering wheel and gauge setup doesn't do much for me, but got damn the exterior is sexy.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:10 PM
Registered Member

bonestock94 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by LXative
Isn't that much faster? Lol.......you are an idiot. Faster is faster, period. GM gave Ford the big fuck you with their V6 in this Camaro.....it has more HP than the Mustang GT.
Right, and hp is the only determining factor of how fast a car is

Its impressive what Chevy did with the Camaro, but the whole thing gets dulled by excess weight. Its sad when the Mustang is the "lightweight" competitor at 3500lbs.

And at least you said "you are" an idiot, you're like the first one on this site to call me stupid without making a stupid mistake doing so. Keep up the good work.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:31 PM
<----BigBake

LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative

Originally Posted by bonestock94
Right, and hp is the only determining factor of how fast a car is

Its impressive what Chevy did with the Camaro, but the whole thing gets dulled by excess weight. Its sad when the Mustang is the "lightweight" competitor at 3500lbs.
Keep in mind I was referring to the V6, which has already posted times similar to the Mustang GT. Again, that is the V6.

I'm not going to argue with the weight. All of these new cars are pigs........its pretty much back to the drawing boards, even though everything else is there. There was a big scrutiny when the 03-04 Cobras came out as well.......about their weight. Look at how they performed......
Old 05-03-2009, 01:44 PM
Registered Member

bonestock94 has disabled reputation

I saw like mid 14's for the V6 and 13 flat/high 12's for the SS. The GT does like mid-low 13's. Did they really get the V6's that low?
Old 05-04-2009, 06:24 AM
Full Retard

tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr

Originally Posted by LXative
Keep in mind I was referring to the V6, which has already posted times similar to the Mustang GT. Again, that is the V6.
I'm gonna have to call BS on thnat one. Where did you see these numbers from a V6 Camaro being close to GT Mustang on the samer day, track? The review I saw had the GT only .2-.3 behind the SS and they had premium gas in the SS and 87 octane in the GT, which the GT computer compensates for.

Now, I know the LS3 or whatever comes in the SS is gonna take to mods like nobodies business, but stock for stock, I don't see the V6 hanging with the GT.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:34 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

I love the way the car looks on the outside... much better than the new Mustang and the bloated Challenger. MT just published a comparison of the 3... it's a good article to read. The challenger is far larger than the stang/camaro and it's more of a cruiser.

I think the car will look killer once lowered. I also think it's great you can get a 300 horse direct injected V6 for low 20s... All you people bitching about the interior... look at the price.

The only thing I really don't like is the gauges... I don't like retro gauges. Give me clean easy to read dials.

Bam!

Old 05-04-2009, 08:20 AM
Bowtie Bound?? ;)

Nigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the rough

those rear quarter body lines are awesome.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:40 AM
-->Leia Skywalker<--

JdmPrncss JdmPrncss JdmPrncss JdmPrncss JdmPrncss JdmPrncss JdmPrncss JdmPrncss JdmPrncss JdmPrncss JdmPrncss

Hey idk if you can hekp me but I've been looking for a '91 stock camaro front clip( I think that's what its called... On my car its called a "lip" lol) for my moms car. Do you know where I can find one? Thanks!!

Quick Reply: 5th Camaro unveiling.......plus 3 super rare Camaros....