Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Ztec vs Vtec....Ford vs Honda.......!!!

Old 07-17-2003, 07:12 PM
Formerly Shinobi....

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RatedV is an unknown quantity at this point

Got these from the focus fanaticsforum...

variable timing electronically controlled...the focus is diff... when on a honda gets to a certain rpm more valves open up for more airflow. the svt kinda has that but its a dual stage manifold not valves.. also other things that r similiar is zetecs with vct on the exhaust cam and the focus svt on the intake cam...but if its a ztw, zts, se w/ zetec, exc...besides the svt. it doesn't have any variable cam timing.

the SVT has variable valve timing on the intake cam only, as well as variable intake runner length. It's a shame they didn't put those goodies on the regular zetec engines, they've been doing veriable stuff for a while now. The Taurus SHO from back in the day, with the Yamaha V6 had variable intake runner length, as did the later v8 SHO engine if I remember right. But so far as similarities between Zetec and V-Tec (spelling?) I'm pretty sure there aren't any. Zetec is like GM's Vortech, just a name they give their line of engines so that they've got something that sounds neat on T.V.

Last edited by RatedV; 07-17-2003 at 07:14 PM.
Old 07-17-2003, 07:18 PM
Formerly Shinobi....

Originally posted by toda pwrd
I believe mitsubishi was the first one with the technology. VVTI is just the valve timing, VVTLI is has the lift (ex. celica gts) VTEC includes cam lift as well. I dunno much about fords, does ZTEC have lift?
If you do your reseach BMW was the inventors of the first variable valve timing setup.......Figures cause they come out with ery thing 1st

Edit: no offense bro

Last edited by RatedV; 07-17-2003 at 07:22 PM.
Old 07-17-2003, 07:19 PM
Banned

thelastmirage is an unknown quantity at this point

either way mitsubishi never sent any mivec engines over here. any way mitsubishi persuing the GDI engine now instead of mivec
Old 07-17-2003, 07:21 PM
Formerly Shinobi....

Originally posted by thelastmirage
either way mitsubishi never sent any mivec engines over here. any way mitsubishi persuing the GDI engine now instead of mivec
GDI?...wuz dat?
Old 07-17-2003, 07:29 PM
R U SeRiOUS?

Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta

yeah what is that?
Old 07-18-2003, 02:29 AM
My President's black

MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait

ford compact cars sucks ass....ztec..WTF??? just a gimmick trying to fool people into buying that shit....now overseas, the focus over there is off the chain..they have an AWD one comming out, it was in my SCC mag.
Old 07-18-2003, 04:18 AM
been around awhile.

zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas

either way, the ford is garbage.
Old 07-18-2003, 04:28 AM
registered derp

lolololol has disabled reputation

yeeeeep. ass rapin whores couldnt think up of much better else way to sound like theys in the mix.....har har.
Old 07-18-2003, 09:37 PM
Banned

thelastmirage is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Shinobi
GDI?...wuz dat?
It is kinda hard to explain it precisely but here is a lnk.http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/i...GDI/page5.html

It is baisicaly vtech in your fuel system but it injects fuel straight into the cylandar like in a diesel. but they way I understand it the engine will not work on the fuel mixtures we have here.
Old 07-18-2003, 09:39 PM
Boner Jams

-Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal

ford becoming a wanna be honda.. a domestic import if u will.. damn im full of puns

Quick Reply: Ztec vs Vtec....Ford vs Honda.......!!!