Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Ztec vs Vtec....Ford vs Honda.......!!!

Old 07-21-2003, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lancerEVOVII is an unknown quantity at this point

you should read more before you post anything here ya go http://www.autonews.com/article.cms...itsubishi&arc=n
Old 07-21-2003, 08:35 PM

lancerEVOVII is an unknown quantity at this point

opps forgot you ahve to regiester but heres what it says
Mitsubishi Motors North America will change the way it spends advertising funds to allow for the introduction of four products this calendar year.

Mitsubishi's factory advertising has covered new products and existing models. But starting with the arrival of the Endeavor sport wagon, Lancer Evolution rally car, Lancer wagon and redesigned Galant, Mitsubishi will market only the new cars.

Mitsubishi will rely on its dealer marketing associations to keep consumer interest simmering in older products such as the Montero and Eclipse, Greg O'Neill, Mitsubishi Motors North America sales chief, told dealers at the make meeting. Funding for the dealer association ads is one-third from Mitsubishi, two-thirds from dealers.

Dealer council chairman Don Herring, who has two Mitsubishi stores near Plano, Texas, predicted "the biggest advertising commitment from Mitsubishi this year."

O'Neill said advertising expenses would rise 10 percent over 2002. Despite the product proliferation, Mitsubishi has the backing of the parent company to spend the appropriate funds to get all four introductions off the ground, he added.

Although sparing details, O'Neill said the new Galant will be "bigger, sexier, with a compelling interior ... the current one is good inside, but you can do so much more."

The four additions to the lineup don't include incremental changes to other lines as well.

Mitsubishi told dealers about a performance upgrade to the Lancer that will fit between the OZ Rally edition and the Evolution. The vehicle, with modifications by Ralliart, will include Mitsubishi's 2.4-liter MIVEC engine and suspension upgrades, O'Neill said. It too will arrive in 2003.

A reskinned version of the Diamante also comes for the 2004 model year, with a family resemblance in the front fascia as well as more luxury touches.

Mitsubishi is working on retaining owners by waiving payments with three months remaining on a loan.

O'Neill said many Eclipse buyers left the franchise for an SUV. But with the SUV lineup expanded from two to four - with the addition of the Outlander and Endeavor - Mitsubishi has a better shot at keeping owners loyal.

That's a departure from the mid-1990s, when Mitsubishi's product lineup grew, but the marketing funds slowed to a trickle once the launches were complete.

But the new-era Mitsubishi is a different animal, said Ramsay Gillman, a multifranchise Houston dealer.

"Mitsubishi is looking like Honda was years ago," Gillman said. "It's becoming a main stream of income for dealers, not just an also-ran franchise."

Enjoy!
Old 07-21-2003, 11:06 PM

Discord is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by WYT R1CE
ford becoming a wanna be honda.. a domestic import if u will.. damn im full of puns
And I suppose honda never took que's from Ford on the styling of the new Si? Who's the wannabe?
Old 07-22-2003, 08:31 AM
Zoomin' & Blingin'

Drop Top 13B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Discord
And I suppose honda never took que's from Ford on the styling of the new Si? Who's the wannabe?

Oh yeah, Honda also stole ideas from GM. Why else would the new Accord Sedan look like a Buick from behind?

Hondas are like assholes, everybody has one.
Old 07-22-2003, 09:05 AM
old guy

roadRacer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Drop Top 13B
Is there no end to roadRacer's knowledge of high performance history? That's intersting to know. Thank you for actually adding something valuable the board, instead of mindless BS.
When I think about it, I lived much of it. I used to be seriously involved in professional levels of racing, tried to make a career of it, still love all forms of racing. I guess I stumbled onto much of the history along the way.

Last edited by roadRacer; 07-22-2003 at 09:13 AM.
Old 07-22-2003, 11:46 AM

scironzts is an unknown quantity at this point

The question has been answered already. Ford's "Zetec" engine is just a name. Has nothing to do with valve timing or anything like that, like the VTEC, VVTi, VVTLi, etc. It's just a name.

And for the love of JoBu... will you people stop calling it "Ztec"?? It's got a frickin' "e" in there. Maybe that's why you guys are confusing it. LOL
Old 07-23-2003, 01:05 AM
GOD

zx3focus757 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to defend focus owners after reading this. I agree a ztec isnt fast, but it could be. everyone is tired of civics i dont even turn my head to civics. HOOK UP YOUR FOCUS
Old 07-23-2003, 08:14 AM
Registered Member

WillRace4Food is an unknown quantity at this point

I could be wrong but didn't nissan come up with variable valve timing..... btw my ford has something a honda will never have..... I like to call it V-Torq
Old 07-23-2003, 09:28 AM
Zoomin' & Blingin'

Drop Top 13B is an unknown quantity at this point

WEll guys, the Zetec is in the process of being replaced anyway. Ca, MA, and NY already have the new engine. It's a 2.3 Liter I-4 called Duratec. It is also PZEV(Part time Zero Emission Vehicle). The new engine produces 148 HP and 152 ft or Tq at something like 4500 RPM. All 2004 Foci except the base models will have this new engine. There are already performance parts for it too. One guy in Maryland that has the PZEV Duratec is already running 14.7 with basic bolt ons like exhaust, Header, Pulley, chip etc. checkout www.focaljet.com for all the info.

Last edited by Drop Top 13B; 07-23-2003 at 09:34 AM.
Old 07-23-2003, 12:51 PM

scironzts is an unknown quantity at this point

^^ yup. they've been running the duratec in other models for a few years now, so it's good to see that the focus is finally getting it.

Quick Reply: Ztec vs Vtec....Ford vs Honda.......!!!