Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

WRX or GLI

Old 05-26-2005, 04:24 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mac83 has disabled reputation
Default WRX or GLI

everyone whats your take on it..........im currently in the market for a car and i want to get into auto x(track runs). I need a four door car and one that makes decent gas mileage. Just wanted to see what everyones opinions are....i'm worried or the vw bad reputation for reliability and i definatly like the reliability and awd of the wrx....thanks to everyone that has read and posted
Old 05-26-2005, 08:07 AM
whatever ho.

chinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these parts
Default Re: WRX or GLI

in my opinion the 2004.5+ GLIs look better than the WRX.. however the WRX has more potential in my opinion. Also the GLI isn't AWD.. the WRX is.. VWs are pretty reliable.. just when something breaks it's pretty expensive to fix... german car = german parts.. it's really your preference.. I have a VW.. been in a friend's WRX.. i like the WRX.. not a big fan of the look of the STi.. but the regular WRX is nice. GLI looks nice too. I hear Sentra Spec-Vs can handle pretty well and they're 4 door.. it's all up to you but both cars are good. I forget how the WRX interior is.. but VW interiors are pretty nice and they arere isn't ver much plastic inside.. everything is rubber or wood or metal.. compared to my DSM.. the VW is so much nicer on the inside.. not as fast.. but more comfortable to drive and handles better.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:25 AM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Old 05-26-2005, 09:20 AM
Registered Member

i am definatly leaning more toward the wrx rather than the sti, mainly for insurance and gas reasons haha. I did look at the sentra se-r and it seems to be a very good car...its light, torquey, and has a pretty good power band...but when you look at them closer up , they just look cheap...i like the fact that vw and subaru bother present a solid looking and feeling car
Old 05-26-2005, 09:22 AM
Registered Member

based off of the research that i've done the 05 wrx 0-60~5.4 sec 1/4~14.40s........does that sound about right (stock)
Old 05-26-2005, 10:26 AM
whatever ho.

chinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these parts

yeah cause my eclipse was about a low 14 second car and i would beat my friend's slightly modded WRX.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:27 AM
whatever ho.

oh yeah but then he invested like 2 or 3 grand and he would rape me.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:32 PM
Cut,it,out

VTFrontier

Originally Posted by blah

what he said....

but between the choices you listed, wrx
Old 05-26-2005, 12:42 PM
Super Secret Agent

Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer

Originally Posted by blah
ding ding ding!

Get a nice e36 M3 and mod it. It will perform better, and bring in ALL the bitches
Old 05-26-2005, 12:53 PM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

Can someone enligten me on this VW and WRX unreliability? The only bad thing I've heard about Scooby's are the tranny's and I haven't heard a common problem with VW's. I know plenty of people with VW's...hell my fiance has one.

Quick Reply: WRX or GLI