Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Why do the majority of you prefer a slower car for your money?

Old 12-04-2005, 08:02 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rollinna65 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Why do the majority of you prefer a slower car for your money?

Originally Posted by MP5
all this talk about a big turbo, how big is this big turbo?
I don't know much about turbos but one had a 50 trim and the other had a 60-1.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:58 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by BoostLag
i meant engine and drivetrain combined..i just threw car in there..because where is the motor? inside the car? of course!!.

READ THIS PART..this is important (especially for big bake,The GOAT,and koreandragn..since you guys like to misinterpret shit)

and once again..people need to read...the CAR IS RATED at 380+ (i dont know the exact number..either 383,or 385)horsepower OVERALL...NOT WHEEL HORSEPOWER...people on the street like you and me,rate it by wheel horsepower,because thats all that matters at the track,and on the street.

i rate just about every car,by wheel horsepower..but in this case..i didnt..because this wasnt the Case to do it..now i have two apparently non comprehensive people trying to call me stupid..because THEY thought i was talking about wheel horsepower,and i wasnt..so both you,and koreandragn,need to fucking read first,and then type later.
You my friend are retarded. MY Cobra was rated by Ford at 390 CRANK HP and 390 CRANK TQ. I dynoed bone stock at 384 RWHP and 368 or so TQ. If we use the accepted 15% drivetrain loss that comes to 441 CRANK HP and 423 CRANK TQ.

As Bake and the Goat and others have pointed out, crank HP doens't mean shit. It's what's at the wheels that matters.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:04 PM
SuperNeon

koreandragn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rollinna65
I don't know much about turbos but one had a 50 trim and the other had a 60-1.
Yes, the black was a 50trim, and the silver was a 60-1. The black was running 22psi on pump, the silver was running 19psi on pump(damn inefficiency+lag!). Both srt's are stock internally(no cams, head port, or built engine)