Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Why do the majority of you prefer a slower car for your money?

Old 12-01-2005, 05:34 AM
Pimpin is Easy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TheGoaT TheGoaT TheGoaT TheGoaT TheGoaT TheGoaT TheGoaT
Default Re: Why do the majority of you prefer a slower car for your money?

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
You talk entirely too much shit though.. lol

You're starting with what.. a 5.7L? This is what I don't understand. I don't understand the ego of someone that starts with a car that's considered to be relatively fast.... Instead of shaking that persons hand for taking a 17 second car, race car or not, to the track.. and running with your car--whatever it runs (which was considerably faster stock), you talk about how you'll drive your car to the track and they'll have to trailer theirs, and yours is still faster. This is why the culture is segregated.

Does the same excuse work for bikes? My bikes displacement is minute compared to your Formula's... what happens if I ride mine to the track and you trailer yours there? Mine's faster.. I rode it there. It's like beating up a kid in a wheelchair. Let it go bro.. Seriously. Just give credit where it's due.

I don't personally think it always has to be about who goes faster in x amount of feet, or who crosses the line first. Winning is winning by all means, but why do people get ragged on for taking a 16-17 second car and turning it into an 11 second car? Streetable or not, you just completely changed the performance of that car. I would think the same thing if you took your Formula from 12 seconds to 9 seconds and trailered it to the track. It's fast. Thumbs up!
Your missing the point. I have no problem shaking the hand of the import owner who does what you said when hes a fan of the sport and repectful to others. The problem is 85% of the import owners I run into have their nose up in the air and think their turbo honda is formula 1.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:35 AM
Pimpin is Easy

Originally Posted by blaxican25
Full interior. It's the same car he takes pictures of and posts on the internet.
then that would be an example of impressive. Sadly its not very common.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:36 AM
Pimpin is Easy

Originally Posted by 91 Hatch
13.2 is that after you guys pull everything out of your trucks and rear bumper off and leave nothing but a drivers seat
sorry to disappoint you, but that would be bone stock. Ive personally seen several lightnings do it.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:37 AM
Captain night owl

vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger

ok sooo obviously the only car the domestics are picking on is the civic, in which case i will side with them, cause civics suck
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by 99formulam6
so when a honda runs 11s hes a fucking genious and the man and you all love him....but when i do it, im just another dumbass domestic owner who thinks hes billy badass....whos biased now. you give hondas all the credit, but not domestics.

a civic shouldnt even be compared to my formula, or any other domestic sports car. theyre two totally different cars, but honda guys always want to race a domestic and 'eat a v8.' then when they do theyre badass and their car beats v8s and blah blah blah. but i cant brag about being faster than a honda? how does that work?

If you're really clamoring for the respect of import owners, then I am really going to make your day go down the shitter.
Pimpin is Easy

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
Again, I'm not defending Honda necessary. I'm trying to speak in general terms and using Honda as an example because it's what everyone else is using. I know how big 8 tenths of a second is in the 1/4, I'm trying to make a point though. An 11.99 is a huge difference from an 11.01, but it's in the 11's and it runs like 17's stock. lol.

Also, I know you could take a '93 Lightning and put the same amount of money into it and be fast. That's NOT the point. The point is that it doesn't matter what car it is.. It's going fast, especially in comparison to a stock point of view.

I'm planning on picking up a new project in 2006.... I want to build a straight drag car that will be trailered to the track. Guess what I'll be picking up!?! No, it won't be a Honda. Ultimately I realize if all you want to do is go fast in a straight line for the least amount of money possible, you use a large displacement domestic.. something that can support both a blower or turbo, and a large shot of nitrous. If it breaks, oh well... it's a car that I will be able to put back on the trailer to take home. You know? I realize that. I'm realistic.
many ppl do not realise this. That was the issue some of us were trying to get across.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:38 AM
Pimpin is Easy

Originally Posted by vasponger
ok sooo obviously the only car the domestics are picking on is the civic, in which case i will side with them, cause civics suck
no just using it as an example since it is the most common.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:38 AM
SSSSSVT

91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch

Originally Posted by TheGoaT
sorry to disappoint you, but that would be bone stock. Ive personally seen several lightnings do it.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:39 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by 99formulam6
so when a honda runs 11s hes a fucking genious and the man and you all love him....but when i do it, im just another dumbass domestic owner who thinks hes billy badass....whos biased now. you give hondas all the credit, but not domestics.

a civic shouldnt even be compared to my formula, or any other domestic sports car. theyre two totally different cars, but honda guys always want to race a domestic and 'eat a v8.' then when they do theyre badass and their car beats v8s and blah blah blah. but i cant brag about being faster than a honda? how does that work?
Your car is faster than a Honda. Are there Honda's faster than you? Hell yes.

It's more or less the way you brag. It's not the fact that you're bragging. How much effort do you have to make to outrun most Honda's that try to race you? Little to none... right? So there are a few that can beat you, or run right with you? Do you give them thumbs up if they beat you, or do you turn off and not glance in their direction? I'm not saying a Honda running 11's makes the owner a genius. I'm saying it makes them a minority. It means they set a goal with their car that they probably accomplished, and instead of talking about what they're going to do to, and with their car, they do it. They act instead of talking about it all day.

How much effort does it take to run 11's in a Formula? $1000 worth of mods? I think it's respectable. Period. I think anything that run's 11's is respectable, be it a 1.7L or a 5.7L. I have to admit that I'm more biased towards a car that requires more effort to go that fast though.. I can appreciate the time, the money, the blood, and the sweat that goes into changing the performance characteristics of an economy car. It wasn't fast stock. Maybe 11's aren't fast to some of the guys on the boards, but from 17 to 11 is respectable in my book. I do respect the fact that you might be able to run an 11 in your car. It's quick! There's just a much smaller gap to go from high 12's or something, to 11's.. in your car. What kind of ET do you run? High 12's??? High 12's to 11's.. 17's to 11's.. see where I'm going with this? It's not a personal thing between you and I--it's all in general terms. It's stereotypical.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:39 AM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TheGoaT
no just using it as an example since it is the most common.
I guess, but STi's run 13.1's bone stock out of a 4banger...in your opinion, how does that make them any less respectable than a lightning?

Quick Reply: Why do the majority of you prefer a slower car for your money?